Trip to France

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Trip to France

Post by rayb »

I love watching the views from the TdF helicopters and Amiens and Chartres cathedrals looked magnificent and I'd love to visit them. Anyone else love medieval churches and fancy a trip?

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Trip to France

Post by poldark »

If you come out to France (I'm here for next few months) suggest you include Lisieux on your list (Basilica of St Theresa), recently featured on Motorcycle Adventures (YouTube vlogger).

Easy to do with a couple of (friendly) mates using Ibis Budget hotels, I had a triple bedded room in Rouen for £35 (exc brekkie), at that price wouldn't bother camping.

Accor hotels App is easy to use and means you don't really need to book ahead, unless you prefer to.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jMX53wyLRUEt372U8
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

rayb wrote:I love watching the views from the TdF helicopters and Amiens and Chartres cathedrals looked magnificent and I'd love to visit them. Anyone else love medieval churches and fancy a trip?
Possibly interested, mainly when. You may have done this already but look on google earth pics including the interiors.

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

fullcirclemax wrote:
rayb wrote:I love watching the views from the TdF helicopters and Amiens and Chartres cathedrals looked magnificent and I'd love to visit them. Anyone else love medieval churches and fancy a trip?
Possibly interested, mainly when. You may have done this already but look on google earth pics including the interiors.
No idea when, I'm pretty flexible. Your google option sounds cheaper :)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

yes but date dependent as already out there last 3 weeks of September.

Falais church looked great but couldn't get in and there's a medieval castle opposite a council estate that time prevented a visit.

Bayeaux and Domfront both great architecture

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Bayeaux would be easier to navigate on two wheels rather than four, least ways the bits of it I had to drive through a few years back.
Have wheels, will travel :D

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

Bern, we went to the Antique shop at Halfpenny Green and they've made a model of you. :)

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

:lol: Nearly got the Vtwin ready to ride Ray icon_thumbs_up.gif needs a bit more 'fine tuning' currently it has glow in the daytime exhaust pipes :o I jest you not 'cherry red' headers by the time the choke is off :shock:
Have wheels, will travel :D