For members in Scotland

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

For members in Scotland

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Just got back from a few days in Inveraray. On four wheels rather than two, which was unfortunate considering the great riding to be had. Good roads with plenty of bends and breathtaking scenery. Going by the number of bikes I saw I think a lot of people agree!

Definitely on the list for anyone in Scotland or the north of England. Or even further afield. Believe me, it's well worth the time and miles getting there!

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: For members in Scotland

Post by Snail »

Yes agree with you on Scotland just the wee beasties put me off in summer, have thought of trailering the scoot up there and leaving motorhome on a campsite and riding the 500 route, have done most of it already but before it was invented!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Snail wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am Yes agree with you on Scotland just the wee beasties put me off in summer, have thought of trailering the scoot up there and leaving motorhome on a campsite and riding the 500 route, have done most of it already but before
oh winter muppet meet n ride.
campervan,scooters & banter 8-)

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Snail wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am Yes agree with you on Scotland just the wee beasties put me off in summer, have thought of trailering the scoot up there and leaving motorhome on a campsite and riding the 500 route, have done most of it already but before it was invented!
I've looked at trying to do it with scooter and campervan but have to keep going back moving location.
The Ccclub site at Poolewe is actually on the route be good spot to leave for few days and of course if there for a while could pick weather slots .Its just down from the tropical gardens so warmed by gulf stream .I did plan then cancel a trip so have unfinished business .Although did do most of route on a Silver wing before it was given a name .We did a loop from Inverness then night in a hostal at Kyle of Tongue then back to Inverness was a bit rushed tho.Did Applecross and back to Inverness on a separate loop .
I'm bringing my 1988 Talbot Autosleeper Talisman out of retirement and have a easy lifter trailer so got all the gear in place .
Isle of Skye might be good idea as could have base just do day rides .CCclub also has camping pods onsite .

Snail

Post by Snail »

Ok we are in both clubs mainly use the 5 van sites though, think might have to move camp couple of times, our hymer pulls scoot on trailer, bought trailer from nor auto in France 2 years ago, picking the right time is the hardest thing?
We will be in Normandy in June if in the van don't know when we will be back, don't usually book return till we are ready to come home, anyone else on here who has motor home, camper, seems to me not many camp? Not many go two up and not many who are scooter riders, looking at threads of past seems most only use Scoots for going to work and real bikes for a tour? I'm sorry but if I organised a trip I would be pissed off if people turned up on bikes not Scoots, I have still not found my place on this forum DOSENT help not having many members close, by the way been over to Mull couple of times really nice

Deleted User 7077

Its a thankless task organising a group trip .

Deleted User 7077

Meldrew wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:07 am It's also a gamble going a group trip with people you don't know, or with those who are already part of a clique. Anyway organising any tour or trip these days is just setting a date, booking the outward and return ferries if you're going abroad, and choosing and then booking your accomodation. All done with a iPad and your bank card without moving off your sofa.
It is easy getting everyone to agree not so easy .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Snail wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 am Ok we are in both clubs mainly use the 5 van sites though, think might have to move camp couple of times, our hymer pulls scoot on trailer, bought trailer from nor auto in France 2 years ago,
We will be in Normandy in June if in the van don't know when we will be back, don't usually book return till we are ready to come home
We tend to use the CL sites (5 van limit) also.

Only just started campervan life so currently in the process of sorting tow bar and trailer or lift bar (can't decide which I prefer at present bearing in mind tolls)
like to hear your views on the nor auto (was trailer cheaper in France)

If all goes to plan we shall be leaving for France in April 19 & like you no return date (hence why I said I'd be riding to Normandy meet)

As for meets most attend on scooters but if some show up on motorbikes it's an accepted fact you ride to your slowest rider otherwise no point in group/forum meet ups.

Snail

Post by Snail »

Hi Scootypuff snr, it wasn't meant to be a criticism but from a newbie scooter owner looking in to Maxi Muppets it's just my observations, I will try to get to more meets?
Nor auto are a chain similar to our Halfords, single bike trailer I think it was about 400 euro all bolted together all galvanised 250 kilo limit, proper size wheels, cheaper and better made than the erde I was going to buy here, I bought spare wheel and jockey wheel as extras, got it in Calais by the Auchan hyper market so took it to bits and got it in van the day I came home
New to scooters but not bikes, never done any touring on two wheels, but had our first camper in 1978! Now at 63 years old still enjoying the vans, had brief time towing but van much better in europe, had a good 4 month trip this summer, france,belgium,germany,austria,italy and back through france
Need to find a forum for motorhomers who take scooters with them! Wintering in Spain at least 60% have a scoot in the back, I could talk about it all day but wrong place, feel free to pm me with an email address I will send some pictures of trailer
Regards snail

Deleted User 7077

There's a Facebook Bikers with motor homes some have scooters