Hull To Germany With Gerard C

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Hull To Germany With Gerard C

Post by frankiej1949 »

It was a great ride! We covered 4 countries in the four days we were there. Hull to Rotterdam overnight having a good breakfast we set of for the Eifel region to our bikers hotel. What a pain in the ass in Germany traffic lights every 400/800 yards couldn't get going at all. Arrived at the hotel set in beautiful woodland absolutely perfect, so peaceful and tranquil would have been quite happy to stay there. Accommodation was very good as was food and drink, very reasonable. For two nights accommodation meals and drinks worked out at a 105 euro's each, bargain. Also the staff were all excellent. This is the link to the hotel http://www.tourenfahrer-hotels.de/partn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... forsthaus/. We planned to stay one night but the area was so beautiful we stayed another night. Visited the Nurburgring whilst we were in the area, very impressive. It was a Renault weekend so we managed to watch some single seaters flying around the track for free. Bought the obligatory T shirt Cap and Badge for the scoot, lol. We decided to head to Brussels to break the journey to Rotterdam via Luxembourg. This was a quick visit just to say we had been, few pics a drink and off we went. We decided Brussels was too far so decided on Liege not a pleasant city really felt uncomfortable, fate decided we should not stay there as all hotels were fully booked because of the Andree Rieu concert, we were told to try Maastricht. No joy there either for the same reason. We were then told to try Valkenberg, you guessed it, the same story. Next stop Gulpen, this is after two and a half hours riding in search of a hotel. On the way to Gulpen Gerard spotted a restaurant that had accommodation. As i was the one most presentable G sent me in to see if they had any rooms. Thank god the restaurant was staffed with 4 pretty girls who were really helpful two rooms and garaged parking for the scoots, heaven. We had a fantastic meal and a few cool beers and then off to bed for a well deserved rest. After another great breakfast we decided to drop into Amsterdam. We hit there early afternoon and spent a couple of hours admiring the boats on the canals and the obligatory Mc Donalds. An observation was it was very easy to get into Amsterdam but far more difficult getting out, may have been G's satnav. Once out it was off to Rotterdam for another good evening on the P&O's floating hotels. Back in the UK Monday morning wishing we were heading back to Germany. We rode together until approaching Wakefield where G and his son, Richard split and I carried onto Manchester.
I am sure G will do a more detailed report but just thought I would stick my two penneth in.

frankiej1949
Benefactor

Re: Hull To Germany With Gerard C

Post by frankiej1949 »

Thanks Meldrew, the link worked before I posted it.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Well just seen photo of the trip chatting in a petrol station on facebook .Is that it :lol: :lol:

frankiej1949
Benefactor

Post by frankiej1949 »

Sorry Pikey missed your post. Yes that was us :D