Cubs in the New Forest

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
gromet
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

Re: Cubs in the New Forest

Post by gromet »

""Sounds like a good attitude and a good bunch of people, much better than the "ride your sports bike 20 minutes to a cafe to talk crap about how you raced a sports car" willy-flapping posing exercise that seems to proliferate around here in the summer. Mind you, the silly fucks crash so often it's a wonder there are any left for a meet up.""

Lol...oooww me sides is spliting..... :lol:
Trev

Black Wing
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 L4 Black

Post by Black Wing »

Thanks for the post Capitano! :D

Takes me back to 1979 when me and the wife bought a Green Honda C 70. I would say we went everywhere on it but I distinctly remember having to turn back on the A6 at Disley as we couldn't get up the hill two-up and she wasn't going to walk! :o

It was replaced by a red Suzuki SB 200 :D :D
Ken.

Experience is something I only ever get a second after I really need it!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Dave Weller wrote:The Citroen is owned by 'Diesel Dave' owner of a green C100 and a Royal Enfield Diesel, always nice to have along on a busy bike ride, car park voyeurs move rapidly out of the way when he arrives, unusual to hear a dumper truck engine coming in.
I wish I could have gone, the wife had a bad back and could not manage the old staggering Labrador on her own, also the Innova got exchanged, however another 'fit in the van bike' could be on the way soon.
Nearly all the participants, have or have had bikes for many years and really are good company, it's more about using these little bikes and enjoying being out in this great country of ours, enjoying visiting places of interest. It does not have to cost much either.
+1 spot on there dave.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Cheers, guys. It's been some time since I posted anything on here but figured you might enjoy seeing the write up and photos.

Yep, spot on about the attitude Dave.

Diesel Dave is a bit of a mechanical genius with a taste for non mainstream vehicles. He also has a Diesel Triumph Tiger that gets around a bit plus he''s a big fan of the Honda Foresight Maxi Scooter.

I'm enjoying riding the Cub immensely. 150+ mpg helps as does cheap prices for consumables. A decent chain is £7 from Wemoto and they supplied me with 2 tyres plus tubes and rim tapes for less than £35 the lot!

By the way my intention with the W800 is never to trade it in for anything. That's not to say I won't add to the stable, naturally. :lol:

....and that's the third mention of a Suzuki SB200 this month, after decades of not seeing or hearing about them. Someone I know has bought one and someone else at the weekend was raving about one they'd got eyes on to buy. :D

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

As all ways Capitano,your photo,s are brilliant.I Couldn't make it..
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.