Hardknott pass 31/8/14

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
MT606
Current Ride: burgman 400 c90

Hardknott pass 31/8/14

Post by MT606 »

Never been up said pass before and as the weather was unusally dry up these parts I thought I'd tag along with a local ish scooter club (mix of trad vespa's lamb's, auto vespas and larger capacity jobs). We met up in power ranger central (Hawes) then went via Kendal and Windermere. Twas a good long trip out, Windermere was heaving, the pass was good going (if fairly bumpy) up but not good on the brakes coming down, for all autos concerned.
I thought I'd cooked them or something in the engine when we got to the top but it was just a bloke with a funny accent who'd burnt his clutch out getting to the top, who was not being helped by the other car drivers stuck behind him or infront, who then proceeded to moan/complain at us lot for not helping (when they'd been there a good 5 mins already, the bloody cheek!) Half of the group did help in the end (car drivers did bugger all tbh).
We proceeded to the Woolpack inn the other side for some RnR (loverly pizza but crap watery beer :x ) , then went back up said pass again (passing x3 RAF MRS wagons who'd come to help him) and RTB'd the way we'd come in by.
the end.
some pics taken by gilera rider btw.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: Hardknott pass 31/8/14

Post by Ralph »

It's a fearsome bit of road, went over a month or so back on a old Morini
passed a bloke on a 1200 Bandit on the way up he caught us when we stopped
at the 3 shires stone nr the top, his eyes were stuck out like chapel hat pegs.
If you can ride that pass you can ride any.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

The pass is challenging but usable. It's the other road users who make it bad for bikers/scootists !

pointburgman
Current Ride: BMW R1100RS Trike

Post by pointburgman »

That looks awesome, a great ride guys.
Proud To Be a Member Of The Ugly Bunch

I Don't Discriminate, I Hate Everyone