Birthday Ride

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Birthday Ride

Post by mottza »

Was the big 4 O for me yesterday :shock:, as mentioned before I got a TomTom Rider 500 as a present from the missus (I did try for a new bike - but that failed).

As it was so warm yesterday I thought I'd take a little ride to Clacton-on-Sea to test the TomTom out. Quite impressive so far.

Video to come soon.

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Birthday Ride

Post by Data »

Blimey, I missed this Chris. You know it's all downhill from here onwards don't you! Lol

Still recovering from surgery but at least I've found it great going over some old topics. Probably not appropriate here but been meaning to ask you about that Chris. How does that Tomtom fit to your bike? I'm not quite getting that picture! I've just put a cheap phone holder and case on my left mirror stalk for my phone so I can use it more when riding for navigation. But not convinced I'm there yet with that sort of mounting.

I should be able to take my first short ride later this week Chris. If you are about we might just be able to meet for that coffer and bacon butter or something. I'll text you in the week. Might see if Harvey and Roger are about, but think Roger might be off on a quick break somewhere.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I thought you were older than that ;) ;)

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

I'm off til Tuesday. But my face is rather swollen with a failed impacted wisdom tooth removal. Will make fitting my helmet impossible. But can drive the car however.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

A 'failed impacted wisdom tooth removal', you must be over qualified to become a member of the ugly bunch, got any pictures of your boat race so I can scare away the Halloween callers.
Are you sure your only 40.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

It does look like I have swallowed a gold ball to my left side of my mouth. The dentist said I had a small mouth, no one has ever said that before to me in all my life.

At least I can eat reasonably OK now. Although in pain after eating dinner.

If it's this bad at 40, what's it like for you old codgers!

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

No wonder you lot are miserable 🤣

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

And when you get to 60 and a bit more ,well
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Meldrew wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:52 am Yes, but you get free prescriptions, eye tests, a bus pass, regular bowel cancer screening kits, free annual flu jabs, and until recently there were free TV Licences for the over 75's. Shame on the BBC scrapping the scheme, they need more money to help pay exorbitant salaries to jug eared crisp pedlars that talk about football.
I'm with you on that Meldrew, GL is a cock. We listen to BBC Radio 5 at work, at least there's no music. There was a recent interview with someone whe declared themselves to be a space gynecologist, that's probable less work than a Santa gets. Today's discussion this morning, and I kid you not, was masturbation. An excellent waste of the licence payers money.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I'm not into football but like Gary Linekar .I'm more radio 2 myself must learn how to get it on my helmet .
I've decided to move next year birthday ride from June to September/October as too close to May trip I'm doing and will be bit cooler .