Quick Jaunt to Whitley Bay.

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Quick Jaunt to Whitley Bay.

Post by bikerdezzie »

Really enjoying the Forza experience i cannot keep off it even though its bloody freezing, bought a new jacket and thermals at lunchtime, popped into bornagainbikers for a brew then my mate came round at 6.30 on his new Xadv so christened it by having a quick shakedown run to Whitley bay and along the front to Tynemouth and a cuppa at North Shields marina, new taller screen comes today so will get that on and out again as the weatherman promised sunshine but still baltic.
Dezzie

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Quick Jaunt to Whitley Bay.

Post by Waldorf »

Sounds very good!
I'm looking forward to riding round there, especially up and down the coast, when I move to Seaham.
Just waiting for Searches to be done on the house I'm buying and I'll be on my way.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

hatter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH 300

Post by hatter »

Seaham is a great location to do loads of scootering up and down the NE coast.
Going south you have Seaton Carew, Redcar, Saltburn, Whitby and Scarborough.
Going North you have Seaburn, South Shields, under the Tyne in tunnel (free for bikes) to Tynemouth, Whitley Bay, Blythe, Amble, Seahouses.
All above popular with scoots.
Also you have within a day ride are the North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Scottish Borders and everywhere in between. Good luck with the move.

Hatter

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thank you!

I don't know the area very well; my first visit was for a week looking at houses last September but I felt completely comfortable there.
I have driven up rather than ridden but have already discovered some lovely places and have pored over maps constantly.

The fact that I shall be only 20 minutes' walk from the sea and 30 minutes ride or drive from a preserved Railway .... what can I say?

The thought of the actual move is daunting but will be worth it, of that I have no doubt.

I'll keep the Forum posted, not least because it helps me sort out my thoughts.

Thank you again!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Be good to have another scooter rider this far North, more than welcome to ride out with us when ya get settled in, have me, Hatter, bornagainbiker, my pal on the xadv and my other mate just bought an integra last week also, so could be a potential northern posse to go out and we can show you all the best places to go.
Dezzie

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

That's very kind; I know no-one up there apart from a lady canon at Durham Cathedral.

I will certainly be up for meeting in due course.

Everyone I've encountered has been extremely friendly and welcoming to the point when I let slip I was moving up and looking for things to do, the people at Seaham Heritage Centre where the lifeboat is and St.Peter's Church in Roker said, 'Oh good; we're looking for volunteers'!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Friendly lot oop north, big biking community in general up here and look out for each other.
P.s new screen fitted today.
Dezzie

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

We were staying a few miles west of Rothbury a couple of years ago and took a trip to Holy Island. It was warm and sunny and continued to be nice as we drove down the coast, calling into the little seaside villages. When we got back, a lady asked if we'd got soaked. Apparently it had chucked it down all day.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Liking that Puig screen - much better than the OEM screen

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Below my eye level too so not obstructive although still yet to test it out, kids off school so roped into a family day out today that i am not looking forward to.😣
Dezzie