Dr.Pulley Forum and Info blog

Post a link to other scooter sites in here

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Re: Dr.Pulley Forum and Info blog

Post by TmaX9 »

Very good but it's all in foreign lingo!

Sort of works with google translate :lol:
Who's this rog400 chap?? :?

DDirk

Post by DDirk »

TmaX9 wrote:Very good but it's all in foreign lingo!

Sort of works with google translate :lol:
Who's this rog400 chap?? :?
I am very sorry about it, but the google translation sometimes is really funny...
But better than nothing.

mikbak
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2001 Silverwing FJS600

Post by mikbak »

On my last service the rollers on my Silverwing looked a bit thin, had the offer of a good set from Pikey and they turned up in the post a couple of days later (Thanx Julian)..

However I got to thinking that if I was going to put new set of rollers rollers in maybe I could afford a set of Dr Pulleys so I took the plunge and finally got a set of 26g rollers and sliders for my scoot. from DDirk..fitted them this morning and will be trying them 2morrow as I am using scoot for work...

Julian can let you have rollers back when I see you next... :D

DDirk

Post by DDirk »

mikbak wrote:On my last service the rollers on my Silverwing looked a bit thin, had the offer of a good set from Pikey and they turned up in the post a couple of days later (Thanx Julian)..

However I got to thinking that if I was going to put new set of rollers rollers in maybe I could afford a set of Dr Pulleys so I took the plunge and finally got a set of 26g rollers and sliders for my scoot. from DDirk..fitted them this morning and will be trying them 2morrow as I am using scoot for work...

Julian can let you have rollers back when I see you next... :D
Hi mikbak,
can you tell me when they arrived? I am collecting informations about shipping time. And GB is new for me.
Yes, and after your first experience I am (and I believe many others too !!) interested to hear about!

mikbak
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2001 Silverwing FJS600

Post by mikbak »

The rollers arrived sometime in the week 28th Feb - 5th March cannot tell exactly as they arrived when I was away on Holiday.

Used the bike for work this morning seems to be far more responsive at low end accelleration, will be monitoring fuel consumption...

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

INFO: This may help someone select the correct weight of sliders for their scoot...

From: http://www.drpulley.info/shop/product_i ... q15jf8a0d1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr.Pulley rolls produce a much better acceleration performance than regular roller weights. They are precisely manufactured from a special nylon material that is characterized by particularly good sliding on aluminum (the material of the Vario). The abrasion is minimal and the dreaded one-sided flattening of standard roles are not possible. Unlike normal vario rolls Dr.Pulley rollers have an up to 15x longer life.
Dr.Pulley recommends that you choose the weight of the SR role sliding around 10-15% below the weight of the series role. Then a significant powerful acceleration results in an almost unchanged top speed and fuel consumption. If the weight is chosen to equal the original weight, the acceleration is slightly stronger, but may slightly increase the maximum speed for the same or even slightly reduced consumption.

and from DDirk's response to someone X-Max 250 Q...
Die Originalrollen wiegen 14g. Nach Dr.Pulley Empfehlung (minus 10-15%)
sollten die Dr.Pulley Gleitrollen dann 12g oder 13g haben. Für noch stärkere Beschleunigung 11g., dann wird sich aber die Maxspeed etwas verringern.
Das gilt bei Verwendung der originalen Vario. Bei Verwendung von Fremdvarios kann es zu Fehlfunktionen führen.

Basically the Originals are 14g, go for 13g (or 12g) 11g may give problems with the variator, and reduce top speed...