Purgatory Chasm State Park

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
wisart
Current Ride: Honda Nighthawk 650

Purgatory Chasm State Park

Post by wisart »

Met Sleepycow for another day of riding last week.  Weather was near perfect and sleepy had fixed up his bike some and got some new luggage.  He found a route for us that we mostly adhered to that went through Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut.  We ended the day at Purgatory Chasm State Park, a very cool destination.

Hitting the road on our 650's.  I told sleepy that I have in the past left my keys in the bike, kickstand down when taking off and forgetting to turn the petcock to the fuel on position.  As we took off from this stop I forgot about the kickstand and whacked it pretty hard taking a turn and then about a mile up the road realized my bike was sputtering because I forgot to turn the petcock.  At least I kept my keys with me all day on the ride.

Marshland in the Joe's Rock park.  Never made the hike up to Joe's Rock.

A nice stretch of road along a pond.

Stopped for lunch at the Middle of Nowhere Diner.  On our last trip the food was less than desirable.  This time we move up the culinary scale to completely forgettable.  I ordered a Shepherd's Pie and am not exaggerating when I say that it had absolutely zero taste.  The texture was right but no flavor.  I didn't think it possible to cook food so bland.  Third times the charm for good food... I hope.

These gals were clucking around the outside of the restaurant.

You take the blue bike – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red bike – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Lounging hillside.

Purgatory Chasm State Park.  I don't know if Sleepy intended us to wind up here but it was a fantastic end to a great day of riding.  Large rock formations cut through the earth forming a large chasm, simply stunning.

I don't know what this little kid is scheming but he seems to definitely have a plan.

Sleepy with his Italian Ice, he was quite proud that he was able to navigate the rocky terrain being hampered carrying the dessert with him.

Encouraged by Sleepy I hopped down into the break in the rock.  It travels about thirty yards and comes out the other side to a short ledge and then a steep drop.

I decided to come back out the way I went in.

A very cool trip riding through three states (three small states) with the final destination being a real treat to see.
===============================
Dan

1984 Honda cb650sc Nighthawk (manual scootin')
2007 KYMCO Grand Vista (Sold)
2003 Honda Reflex (Sold)

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Re: Purgatory Chasm State Park

Post by nexusmaximus »

Blimey!...you wouldn't get many muppets through that gap in the rocks. :shock: ...and i always thought that American Diners made tasty wholesome food. :lol:
Image Image Image

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Purgatory Chasm State Park

Post by VOZZA »

nexusmaximus wrote:Blimey!...you wouldn't get many muppets through that gap in the rocks. :shock: ...and i always thought that American Diners made tasty wholesome food. :lol:
I'd be struggling in that gap, I suppose being in the middle of nowhere gives that diner the monopoly so they don't need to improve :lol:
Great photos Dan, looks like you had a really great day.
icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.