Hastings May Day run - Mon 7th May

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: Hastings May Day run - Mon 7th May

Post by halfabusa »

Back in one piece at home :) Thanks for the day guys. Not the perfect riding day out but still was nice to get together and watch a wide variety of bikes.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Good ride down, little wet coming back, but atleast my jeans weren't soaked just slightly damp :D
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Got home about 20mins ago as I went via Mersea. Over 250 miles today and now rather shattered.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Got back without getting wet, the wee little Honda CB250 enjoyed its day out at the seaside, it even wanted to show some R1's how to ride in traffic, but I restrained it, spent some time waving to onlookers and also putting out my right foot to let the big boys know they can pass cause I've seen them, road was closed on the way home in Hastings, I hope there was not a rider down. Hear's to the next one (Margate melt down).
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Funkycowie wrote:leaving in 25 minutes :D
Was still sleeping at this time.
Good day,got to Locksbottom,hi all now we can go,as normal i was in the lead,got to Green st.Green roundabout where i took some slow car on the inside,was tight but the new rear tyre does grip better.
Others caught up on the M25.Next stop Hastings where me and the old fellow Dave W. parked up in the big [2-wheeled]parking area,as the others kept riding past,so the 2 old fellows went to find them,some 1/2 mile away,playing with there camera things,walkabout time,4 or5 step-thrus parked up closeby.
More walkabout more bikes,some scoots,food time where Dave W.tried some Mexiacan food, me 2 boiled eggs/2 tomotoes/tea flask,more walkabout more bikes,Dave left on his b250,the others went also,me McDonald,s time,did it rain,so found some Bike shops tents.So if you lot was with me,bumped into some 1,chat went walkabout,left about 5pm got in about 6.50.
Not as many as last year,but getting to Hastings early was better,1 year am getting there very early.So thanks to all that went 2 day.. :D
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

And the video from the ride:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Few pics from the day...

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

My video of the ride

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

silverbonce
Current Ride: Piaggio X9

Post by silverbonce »

Loved the video, sorry i couldn't come,
I did not pick my new X9 evo at Cramlington ,Newcastle till Sat the 5th ,,by the time i got away it was gone 5pm. then i had a 160 mile ride to Mansfield where i stayed the night with a buddy of mine i could not believe how cold it was for this time of the year it was 3 degrees bellow by the time i got to Mansfield and i was frozen to the marrow. accept for a shower on the M1 at Jnc 38 i arrived dry.
It must be old age creeping up on me because the next morning my legs were so stiff i could hardly walk i think the cold caused them to seize up .
Anyway ,by the time i got back to Essex on Sun i felt like i needed a week in intensive care.Couldn't face the prospect of rain on Mon so i decided to chicken out and have a rest.
Just one more thing. I bought my new pride and joy from one of our club members,..Vince 43. i traveled all the way from Benidorm Spain to Newcastle based on his description of the scooter, I would just like to say that Vince is a 100% genuine guy and the scoot was exactly as described also he threw in a tunnel bag.ruck sack, workshop manual etc etc.,,,,also many thanks to his wife Mavis for the tea and sandwiches. ( a real nice couple thank you )
PS. Vince the scooter went like a dream .