Baotian Monza 125

For members who own little scooters.
bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Baotian Monza 125

Post by bornagainbiker »

Has anyone any experience of the Baotian Monza 125?

It has a RRP of £1399+(OTR £55+£16), but I'm seeing it advertised at £999+OTR

A local ish dealer to me in Darlington has an eBay auction starting at £1000 for what looks like an unused pre-reg, but is not giving warranty?

Is the pretty design with shiny paintwork just hiding what could be a mechanical nightmare?
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Re: Baotian Monza 125

Post by mightbesane »

Over on Phil's other forum, chinesescooterclub.co.uk, Baotian scooters are generally considered the more reliable of the Chinese imports. But as is the case with those scoots, you'd better be handy with a wrench. As has been said on a recent thread here, used 125s from name manufacturers are fairly common and not much more expensive.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

a guy at work had one, road it all through winter, did'nt look to well after that, the exhaust rotted through and the replacement he told me was an arm and almost a leg. Also a lady-dog to fit as all bolts sized [due to winter riding]. But for the bikes defence all he ever did was put petrol in it and one battery, so all in all it did quite well, it always started first time and the brakes were good. So if it were looked after it would do a lot better, hope this helps

edit - sorry it was not the monza but it was a Baotian 125 scooter, blue and white, I had a go on it, it went better than my 100cc speedfight
Never instal version 1.0

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

gransons speedfight two is always seizing up ,i dont think they go as well as the piaggios scooters

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

I've had a look around the Monza as a car dealer in Lancing has been selling Baotians and Kymcos for a year or so.

TBH it doesn't look bad at all, on a par with the decent-ish Chinese brands like Lexmoto certainly plus it's a GY6 clone motor so plenty of bits available.

There is one knocking around Shoreham that I saw through last Winter tat doesn't look bad. The cosmetics on these cheap little scoots often reflects whether anybody told the owner about ACF50...and whether they listened! :lol: