Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Re: Back to the 750 TMax rumours.

Post by DougL »

Yeah, and while we're on that subject, the Mana has the same engine, with a more complex drivetrain and it has proven itself reliable.

Oh wait......

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Jedburgh wrote:IMO the T-max does not need to go to 750 and I don't think Yamaha will go there (I've a feeling I may eat those words) The bike will be too heavy and ruin it's urban agility, folks who live and ride out of town will buy the more conventional motorcycles as they are more interested in outright performance.
I think that has exactly been Yamaha's view as to why they haven't gone for a bigger engine. Though I wonder if BMW's scoots might encourage them to go for something a bit bigger - for marketing reasons if nothing else! I suspect that if Yamaha do indeed bring a whole range of triples, they won't feature on the TMax. Maybe there will be some sort of bike/scooter hybrid, though Yamaha have shown no inclinations to go down this path (unlike Honda).

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

I think a more powerful TMax is inevitable.

The mk2 C600 is going to be faster than the 1st gen, and then Yamaha will have to stay close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

Hi MjW, do you mean faster acceleration or more top speed? Top speed will be limited by the size of the wheels and weight - stability will be a big problem. Acceleration/torque yes, but will it be enough? BMW's big problem is/will be the price differential as their scoots are already eye poppingly expensive, this won't get folks onto their scooters no matter how fast they are.

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

Apart from DougL!

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Apparently they are selling well. Probably not in the UK but I am sure they'll be flying out the door like hot cakes in France and Italy.

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

Jedburgh wrote:Hi MjW, do you mean faster acceleration or more top speed? Top speed will be limited by the size of the wheels and weight - stability will be a big problem. Acceleration/torque yes, but will it be enough? BMW's big problem is/will be the price differential as their scoots are already eye poppingly expensive, this won't get folks onto their scooters no matter how fast they are.
Acceleration. Although adding 10mph to the top speed wouldn't be that difficult.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk