First Aid for Bikers

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: First Aid for Bikers

Post by Sylar »

I once got two free DVD's can't remember where, but they are called Great Roads Great Rides. One of them is called Crash scene management and shows a video of a motorcyclist coming across an accident that has just happened, so, he is first on scene.It is an excellent guide and very useful as it stays in your mind once you've seen it. I remember where i got it now it was on the counter free at J & S motorcycles in Northwich, it was a couple of years ago. :)

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Prompted by Sylar's last post I Googled 'First On Scene' and 'Motorcycle Crash Scene Management'

After a cursory search I couldn't find anything specific in the way of DVDs or books although there are lots of First-Aid manuals.

However, this caught my eye - coincidentally, Mr.Angry posted something similar but less-comprehensive on another forum recently:

http://the-ride-info.blogspot.be/2010/0 ... scene.html
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by GTscootz »

The other half and I did a bike accident course here in Lincolnshire, although the paramedics that hosted it were from Lancashire. Sure it was called First on the Scene. Was going back a bit though, probably 2004 or 2005

They still do the course, £72 pe person.

http://www.firstaid-training.com/firstbikeonscene.asp

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Looking at the small print on the jacket sleeve it says"produced byFused Ltd & Jay TV Ltd on behalf ofthe Highways Agency". It gives a web site as www.highwaysgov.uk

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Certainly recommend these guys. My bike club at work paid for us to do this before our european tour. Was excellent as they were totally understanding about my limitations due to my disability and showed methods I could use to still help in an emergency.

Also they taught what you will actually need and not all the fancy stuff that is actually useless on first aid.

I used to be an examiner for first aid so I know when people are teaching you what you actually need.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV