A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

330ml

Post by halfabusa »

It's how much this can of coke contains:

It's also a bit more than what i had left in the tank today when i refuelled :o

It was a brave first run without knowing the limits of the fuel tank but i placed my belief into the burgy and its on board computer and it proved me right! :D

I scooted to the petrol station with the fuel indicator showing around the bottom end of the white reserve box and with 173.1 miles showing on the odometer since the last fuel up. The on board consumption meter was showing 13.1 miles/ ltr which corresponds to 59.54 mpg exactly.

I fuelled up and burped a few times until i saw the petrol on the neck of the filler. To my amazement it took in 13.20 ltr of petrol :shock:

As far as i'm aware the tank capacity is 13.5 so that would mean there was less than a can of coke worth of petrol left inside... That's what i call a close shave!

That also shows how accurate the on board computer was. It calculates to exactly 59.6 mpg :lol:

Here's a photo i took from the fuel pump

ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: 330ml

Post by Data »

Pretty darn good eh! I've never been quite that low...never been brave enough. You must have nerves of steel!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

or enough dose of stupidity :D

To be honest i was more foolish than brave, i was thinking with the mindset of knowing the accuracy of the tmax gauge, which used to go below the empty point and judging by where the needle rests when the ignition was off, i was able to tell how much play was left till it touched the bottom. Whereas on the burgman it seems that the box section is the final frontier and the bottom is not reached before you run out...

Although maybe the 13.5 lt quoted does not include filling up to the brim and i might have filled up 13.8 or so. which means there was about 600ml inside... PLENTY! :D
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Dont use phones in petrol stations is dangerous, lol yeah right :)
You lucky sod, you could have pushed it the last 1/4 mile if it was wrong.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I wouldn't recommend pushing any Burgman 400 more than out the garage. My 400z (which is slightly heavier than halfabusa's due to the abs and stuff) is just 2kg lighter than my 1000ccGT Vstrom was and 5kg lighter than my GSX1400. A nightmare to push. The burgie is surprisingly heavy. It just gives the impression it's light due to the very low centre of gravity. Mind you, if you had 3 Weetabix on the day it won't be too bad! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

You think its heavy?? Mate you've not experienced anything yet! Try pushing a burgman 650 back for a comparison and you'll thank your lucky stars and go back to the 400 happily... For me, the hardest to push was the 650 then the tmax and the lightest is the 400...

Once i had the front brake calipers seizing on the burgman 650 and i had to push it back from the garden to the road. That was a nightmare! I literally had to drag the front wheel which was locked up completely. :roll:
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...