Newbie findings

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Francley40
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Newbie findings

Post by Francley40 »

Ok, I've had the Burman for a couple of months now but haven't got out on it much coz of the weather.
Despite it's low mileage (4800), or maybe because of it, the brakes got a bit 'sticky' and managed to both bind AND work poorly.
So last weekend, having had a good look at Le Dude's video-guide, I took the calipers off to have a look see.
No surprises really coz the pad pins were a bit corroded. I cleaned them up, coppaslipped everything and put them back together.
What a difference. They actually slow the bike down and have some feel. Also I can wheel the bike around better - being puny is now my only problem.
I'm going to change the fork oil soon-ish and will probably fit some new pads, while I've got things apart, to try and improve things a bit more.
Any recommendations for new pads, please? Goldfren have always seemed good for my trials bike......
The forks: Mine seem to be harsh over bumps, squidgy the rest of the time, and manage to 'top out' as well. Remarkable.
I wonder if there's any oil in the fork tubes at all..............
Does anyone have a good, cheap fork upgrade suggestion, please? (Can't afford the aftermarket upgrade kits, unfortunately).
I'm probably going to stick with the standard 10w oil, especially as a first try, unless you have other suggestions for 11 stone not-very-quick rider.
Thanks v much, Chris.
I ride, therefore I am.