My turn to stall

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

My turn to stall

Post by Bluebottle »

My Burger stalled today pulling uphill into a junction, first time it has even hiccuped.
It started straight back up again but obviously that means stopping and engaging the brake first IF you can get yourself out of the flow of traffic in one piece.

There seems to be a lot of this low rpm stalling with various newish bikes these days. Burgmanusa, BMWs, Sh ......
I think things have got too complicated for their own good with all these interlocks and management systems - beefing up the wiring and connectors might be a better idea.

Interestingly I hadn't followed my own advice and allowed the electronics to boot up fully as I normally would but maybe that is just coincidence.

Oh we'll, start with the obvious this afternoon and check the plugs and wiring.
It just seems so common at the moment that it is case of it being my turn. So much for modern "improvements".
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: My turn to stall

Post by michaelphillips »

plug is your best bet, as if the tappets have never been set, the valve opening and closing could have just missed, a clean of the plug is usually all it takes, make a note of the plug you pull out, make model number and post

a guide for the plugs you took out is here so you can try tell there colour etc http://www.knmgarage.com/uploads/Reading_your_Plug.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Hi Bluebottle, almost certainly its the boot up issue. You would be running on a default set of ignition and fuel injection values, not necessarily what the bike would be wanting. It defo makes it more prone to stalling. I too had my 400 stall on the occassion I didn't allow it to boot up fully before pushing the starter button. So relax, it's fine! ;) Incidentally, many newer cars too are affected by this issue.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

Not anything to do with the ethylene addition increase this year is it?
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50