Forza and yourban

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
terryvanman
Benefactor

Re: Forza and yourban

Post by terryvanman »

OK

Just got back from a back to back test rides. First up, the Forza, in a word, fantastic, the look is maxi with a long low stance, the ride is low with a definite “sit in style” rather than a sit on style.
I found the wheels being a bit smaller made the handling wobbly with a tendency to drop into corners and roundabouts, but a 20 minute test ride would be too short to get used to the handling and I’d just got off the SH300 with bigger wheels that I’m more used to.
Comfort is second to none with that armchair feel with lots of places to place your feet. Feet forward, sit up and beg and folded up almost behind you. I can see them selling lots of these on comfort alone.
Power? I said to the sales guy “its got the same engine as my SH300” nope its totally different was the reply, I'm no mechanic so I just take his word for it. But I must say there was not a lot of difference in the take off and pulling power up to 70mph than the SH 300, the brakes are second to none with ABS, I tried them out many times while out on the test and they had the same teeth pulling power as the SH 300 and it felt totally safe with no dramas.
Storage is great as is the extra little boxes in the front above your knees, with a 12 volt charger in the left side, the dash was very easy to see and the buttons were a lot better than the SH 300.

Next the Yourban

I've owned an MP3 and a Fuoco before and they were the basic models [no LT] and they were great at the time,,but I found the MP3 250 too slow on highways and motorways and quite dangerous trying to keep up with traffic, and the Fouco too heavy.
Because I have a scar running down the inside of my left leg,,,[bypass surgery] a 3 wheeler was the answer, that is why I went for the scooters that you didn’t have to put your feet down all the time, the leg has started to give me trouble again so it might be back to a 3 wheeler.

OK history lesson over.
The yourban is just like any other MP3 type scooter just a bit lighter and a bit more planted on the road with the slightly wider track on the front. To be honest as soon as I pulled away from the shop the smile came back to my face and that “new toy syndrome appeared ” it was like an old friend had returned.
Not as fast as the Fouco or the SH300 but enough to outpace any car from the lights safely.
The road holding gave a very secure feeling and before long I was zigzagging up the road, flip flop style.
The comfort is not as good as the Forza more of a sit up style, the foot-brake on the floor was a bit of a surprise but was fun to play with as I locked up the rear wheel just for fun.
I took the scoot over to some waste ground with a large concrete area and threw it around, it was total fun doing figure of eights and attempting stoppies ha ha, as if.
The stopping power is just as I remember, not as good as the Forza but with the 2 wheels up front, as near as dam-it to ABS, storage is much better than the SH 300 but less so than the Forza...

So what do I do?????
I love the power and the motorbike riding style of the SH300, I loved the comfort and look of the Forza and would recommend anyone thinking of getting a 300 maxi, to take a look, but for me I think I will go with/back to 3 wheels and see how long I can keep that soppy new toy smile on my face.
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Sounds like a tricycle is on the cards then.

I found another Forza online review with a useful photo of the low seat style -

Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Cheers Terry, very interesting
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

gn2

Post by gn2 »

MrGrumpy wrote:Broken crankcase disease???? Thats sounds serious! Tell me more...I've been toying with a PCX to replace the wretched Baby Burger for my commute.
The early model PCX suffers from weak centrestand mounts.
These mounts are part of the crankcase castings and if they break...
And trust me, they do break. :(
Still, its not all doom and gloom, the revised eSP model has strengthened mounts.
The whole sorry tale is here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;