HG tricky iv

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

HG tricky iv

Post by Bluebottle »

Anybody got a Hein Gericke Tricky iv jacket/trousers?

The earler ones were supposed to be pretty good and I was wondering if these are up to the same standard

Don't absolutely need a new outfit but i'm easily distracted by new shiny things :?
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: HG tricky iv

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sorry, not tried those garments.
You can never tell with HG....some of their stuff is brilliant, others utter rubbish. In their semi-closing down sale, I bought some of their 'Pathan' gloves which were billed as a winter glove, but they are fit only for a British Summer! Nice enough things, but no way warm enough for serious cold. And then there were the Cordura jeans which were freezing on the bike and boiling off it......

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Two reader reviews

http://www.visordown.com/reviews/kit/te ... /5890.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I agree with mr grumpy, ten years ago Id swear by HG gear, now the quality seems to have gone. 2 years ago I bought a HG waterproof leather jacket , cant remember the name cost me 280 quid, took the thermal liner out and the label was there 'made in china' :shock:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

horobags wrote: 2 years ago I bought a HG waterproof leather jacket , cant remember the name cost me 280 quid, took the thermal liner out and the label was there 'made in china' :shock:
Way of the world! But the question is was it any good??? I have some very cheap Tuzo gear, mostly made in Pakistan, but its well made and reasonably functional.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

it was a pretty good jacket quite heavy, but it really was waterproof, ( so it should be for the price), I was just shocked to see a HG jacket made in china, but I suppose BMW made in china, KTM made in china, Hardly movinson made in china, I really should have expected it. :roll:
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

I've got the HG Tricky jacket/trousers and they are good, had them about 4 years. Versatile & comfortable though the trousers can leak around the crotch under biblical rainfall conditions although I've not noticed this on the Tmax as the weather protection is so much better than on the bikes where this was an issue. The HG short summer gloves are excellent.

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

I have to say I have only had poor experiences with HG and I think their stuff is over rated and over priced. On the other hand I like Get Geared and I find the Held stuff that they carry to be very good. But that is just my view.
Maximum respect

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Thanks for the replies

I like Held stuff too but its not easy to find stockists.

HG seems to vary a lot. I've got one of the original HG Djerba jackets and it has been excellent value for money and I like the features like having the pocket opening zips near the ends of the button down flaps so the they can't get water in them.
I'm not so keen on the waterproof layer z construction though. It makes clothes easier to make/cheaper but you can get puddles between the membrane and outer and the extra layer makes it hotter to wear in warm weather I prefer the membrane bonded to the outer
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

spaceprobe wrote: On the other hand I like Get Geared and I find the Held stuff that they carry to be very good. But that is just my view.
Ditto! Though my Held touring jacket recently proved to be as watertight as a colander!!! I think Weise gear is also very good.