Honda NC700X for attention of skittzy

Chat about any motorbike here.
VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Honda NC700X for attention of skittzy

Post by VOZZA »

I tried but failed to send a PM so thought I'd do it this way rather than not at all.
I have the DCT version of the bike. I had a testride and after 15 mins decided it was the perfect runabout, commuter, and fun bike for me I have another bike for sunny days only.
The bike is nimble and has a commanding riding position for filtering and slipping into gaps. It is fast enough for me and the DCT makes it exceptionally easy to ride in traffic. It has a 21 litre storage area where the tank would normally be so together with my 52 litre topbox I have 73 litres of space.
The manual version is just as good but you have to get used to short shifting which I'm told you get into pretty quickly.
The down sides for me are the slope of the riders seat with slippery material which makes me slide forward into the not tank crushing the family jewels and the chain maintenance.
There is a cheap easy fix for the seat on the NC site.
My chain is taken care of by a PD oiler the best in my opinion when it is set up properly.
I get about 65 to 68 mpg and I am aware of manuals giving between 70 to 80 mpg obviously dependant on conditions and the riding style.
I like the adventure style of this bike it is roomy and practical for me at 6'3", the S is too low for me and Integra is too expensive and has no storage although topbox and panniers are easily added.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Re: Honda NC700X for attention of skittzy

Post by anonstarter »

Thanks - I'm wiser after reading this!
VOZZA wrote:I tried but failed to send a PM so thought I'd do it this way rather than not at all.
Are you using Firefox?

If so try Internet Explorer.

See: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12924&hilit=firefox
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

VOZZA
Benefactor

Post by VOZZA »

Ah Haaa, tvm.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

skittzy
Current Ride: Piaggio Xevo 125

Post by skittzy »

Vozza, thank you very much for responding. Very interesting read, I think you have convinced me to get one. I was looking at the DCT model, as I will be using it for commuting mainly. Also being 6'3 ill be getting the nc700x! :-)
It was that it the burgman, but I do like the styling of the nc700.
One last question, have you tried the bike with a pillion on the back?

Thanks once again and when I get it, I'll send you a picture(s) of it.

G

VOZZA
Benefactor

Post by VOZZA »

I haven't tried this bike with a pillion but I haven't heard any complaints. I suspect the seat material would be a bit slidey for the pillion under braking or acceleration that again is easily fixed with the anti slip netting stuff. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

I have a dct and love every minute of riding it.
I put a none slip matt on and made a back rest for the wife.

If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

I read in a review that the NC700X has many things in common with scooters. DCT, frame, low power.

Anyway I have been looking at it as a possible replacement for the TMax. That and bikes like Multistrada, V-Strom 650, Caponord etc.
The price, the looks and the standard storage space of the NC700X make it very competitive.

On the move with Tapatalk

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Also consider Kwak Z1000SX and Speed Triple if you want a lot more oomph. Street Triple for more town work.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Traded a NC700X manual for a new Deauville, I had to fit a new rear tyre (double puncture) to the NC, noticed that the new DID chain (fitted on the recall) was to me as stiff as a board, links were seized, and the rear suspension swingarm was getting rusty. It was very good on fuel, I think it bettered any of the scoots on the X9 welsh annual bash rideout.
The Deauville is giving good fuel economy if I short shift it, the same as you have to on the NC to get good figures.
I can store more in the large panniers and top box supplied with the bike, and fast constant motorway riding is easier on the Deauville.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

My DCT is spot on and in excellent condition in spite of my ownership.... I average just under 75mpg and 80 plus isn't too difficult. I think the DCT is more economical than the manual. Ride magazine also rates the DCT as the best for fuel consumption out of all the bikes in their comparison tests.
I'm pretty happy with it so far although I go through fazes of wanting to change ( I always do), but at the moment my DCT has been excellent with no problems only one blown indicator bulb. I may look at the new NC750s when more info is released...
SEAT MO