EBC pads for 2011 burgman 400

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

EBC pads for 2011 burgman 400

Post by halfabusa »

I bought some pads from my local shop some time ago to service my burgman when time came, and today i started doing them...

Rear pads were FA412 which was all good...

Fronts were FA197 and i did the right disk all fine... Then i started doing the left disk, but realised that FA197's don't fit that side... They are supposed to be different type :x :x :x

The idiots in the shop just gave me two FA197's... Looking on the net, i think the left one takes FA228 type which is a mirror image of the FA197's.

Can anyone confirm this is the case? I'll go and take the wrong ones to the shop tomorrow and ask them to replace with FA228's but wanted to check with you all before doing so.

Unfortunately i already had changed the right ones by the time i realised this so i'll have to live with the right ones being brand new and left ones being the worn ones.

If i can get them tomorrow, i'll have to change them as soon as possible to avoid uneven wear on two sides. Damn...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: EBC pads for 2011 burgman 400

Post by Data »

Mon amie! Annoying...but shouldn't cause any problems as long as you change the worn ones this week sometime. All will be well. Yes, they are different each side from what I know.

Digressing slightly. How is the Brisk plug going? Seems to be quite a few people using them now and the reports on them are good. Some are saying the metal end connector is bent on the plug. Seems they are pretty much all like that. How is the fuel working out now on your everyday run?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

I'll stop by the place tomorrow and try to get a replacement. I still have the original receipt from when i bought them but that was in june so i dont know if they would play ball (the pads are taken out of their original packaging)

Plug is going good but i dont know if there is much difference. The bike is very responsive and starts up great but that was always the case anyway. To be honest i am not that sensitive with performance changes so there might have been an improvement but i cant feel any different.

What made a difference is the suspension setting!!! Burgman handles like a bike now (almost) and it really made my rides much better.

Consumption-wise i didnt see much difference as per fuelly but the weather is worse compared to previous weeks and my commute has become worse with numerous road closures and increased traffic due to schools being open.

Nevertheless its a good feeling when you know your bike gets the best of everything. 300 miles left for the next oil change time, so i'll be using the synthetic oil and a new filter soon.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

Excellent result! Went to the shop on my lunch hour and explained the situation. Guy says, no problems, we'll exchange you the correct one with the wrong one. He searches for like 15 mins but can't find the correct one... Eventually comes back saying he does have the Brembo pads instead and since they made a mistake, he'd give me those for no extra charge! Brilliant me thinks, then i ask him if it would be a problem with the EBC (Organic) already fitted to the right front disk and i install Brembo (sintered i think). He says we wouldn't recommend but it's your choice... So after a couple of other questions from me asking whether it would risk damaging disks, etc he says, it's our fault we gave you the wrong ones to start with so i'll just give you a set, with a lot of apologies!

Excellent customer service, no extra costs, i now have a full front set of brembos to fit. :))) Couldn't be happier!

They ain't cheap either!

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/000 ... tAodzRUAIQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

What place was that Halfabusa :?:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

chasbikes. i've been using them for a few years now and generally been quite happy with their service.

note: i installed the brembo pads now. Typical Italian style they painted them beautiful red but they didn't judge the spacing so they weren't fitting in and i had to scrape from the sides a bit :)
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Good result! Nice to know people are still giving responsible service to their customers.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

nice to see and hear about good customer service for a change