Love this.......

Chat about any motorbike here.
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Love this.......

Post by smeghead »

This looks a corker.........http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... sr400.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Re: Love this.......

Post by Deeping »

Looks fine, electric start would have been nice for my dodgy knee though, is there also a 650?
Never instal version 1.0

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Hi Meldrew, I ran a Suzuki GS 400 back in the seventies, it was my first 'big' bike. I sold it eventually after I'd done around 20k miles on it, used it in all weathers and I mean all weathers and it didn't rust as you are saying. Admittedly I applied Waxoyl every now and then but as it was my workhorse it definitely was not pampered.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Maybe my rose tinted specs fell down onto my nose Meldrew!
I can remember tin worm attacking metal back then, I had a mate who worked for Lancia!
Oddly enough he told tales of dealers flooding the sills of Lancias with salty water to encourage the rust they had a terrible reputation for. They did this as Lancia then authorised expensive repairs or, in some cases a new car! As you know Lancia were eventually killed off in the UK mainly due to the rust issue, the dealers shot themselves in their respective feet.
There was talk of cheap Russian steel being used by the Italian car industry which did not resist our shitty weather! Odd that at Russia isn't well known for being sunny.

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Love the retro look.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

Brubaker
Current Ride: 2012 Honda FJS 600 Silverwing

Post by Brubaker »

johnp wrote:Love the retro look.
What retro look, it's always looked like that and been brought up to date with EFI and a smaller capacity engine.