Frank Westworth for National Treasure!

Chat about any motorbike here.
Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Frank Westworth for National Treasure!

Post by Whatsisname »

He's so funny when he goes all whimsical..

" ...I am no great fan of the electric telephone. It rarely rings when I want to be interrupted and no-one has ever called me to offer me a remarkable bargain. Instead when the telephone demands my attention it is usually a robot demanding that I do something unspeakable with payment protection insurance or something equally meaningless. And in any case, when I am at my desk I am usually working, so I don't welcome interruption so I don't give out the number. Cell phones are great; mine is always switched to silent ringing (a glorious notion) so folk can call it without fear that I will pick up and be grumpy at them. It works well. I can always call back later. And sometimes, I do… ..."

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/opinionfil ... alves.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: Frank Westworth for National Treasure!

Post by richie the 1st »

Is this the same Frank Westworth,that was the editor of the old Used Bike Guide that was published in the early/late 90,s.?????????
Cos if it is..?????????? What happened to the old faces.?????????
Julian Ryder.
Wendy Tisdale.all so named T.P...???????????
Rowena Hoseason Alexander Windrush These 2 people wrote some very funny stories,as did lots of others.Now slowly reading though U.B.G.up too issue 66.Lots more to go.
For those who don't know what I am on about..?????????
The U.B.G Was written by people who wrote in about there motorbikes/Travels/and anything that was related to motorbikes. :lol:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Re: Frank Westworth for National Treasure!

Post by Whatsisname »

Sorry Ritchie, I only just stumbled on this. Yes, it's the very one when they sold UBG he and Rowena started the Real Classic mag, complete with a TP, but subscription only, along with the website. Julian Ryder's just "retired" from commentating on MotoGP for Eurosport, since BT nabbed the broadcasting rights. I might still have UBG number eight or nine in the garage somewhere.
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!