Still a muppet though cos I still own my SH300i :mrgreen:
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Re: I've P/X'd my Burgman...

Post by JohnR93 »

I've just had a look at some images of the Yamaha FJR1300 and it's a nice looking bike.
Not much storage under the seat though... ;¬)
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Very nice
I was looking at one the other day that looked like it might have been ex-battenberg
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

chrisp
Current Ride: Yamaha FJR1300AS

Post by chrisp »

I got an FJR 1300 AS (2007) in Ocean Blue last November, cost me £6K with 23K on the clock. Last scooter was a TMax but I've always hankered after a big bike with fairing. It was either going to be a Honda DCT1200 or the FJR. I'd passed the geared test last year on a WRX125 but just can't fit doing a DSA into my life so went for the semi auto model. Part-ex'd the WRX125.
It has a semi auto gear change, i.e left index finger to change up, thumb to change down to 5 gears. No clutch handle. Heated grips, screen height adjustment, 2 big rear side boxes for storage. get about 48mpg's.
Eats up motorway, quick as heck. Good wind and weather protection. Use it most days, all weather.
Now I've been spoilt with all this luxury, I'd probably have to go for Burgman if I go back to scoots.
ex bikes:
Yamaha WR125X
Yamaha TMax 500 MK3
Yamaha XMax 250
Yamaha XMax 125
Honda PCX125 (hired)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

chrisp wrote:I got an FJR 1300 AS (2007) in Ocean Blue last November, cost me £6K with 23K on the clock. Last scooter was a TMax but I've always hankered after a big bike with fairing. It was either going to be a Honda DCT1200 or the FJR. I'd passed the geared test last year on a WRX125 but just can't fit doing a DSA into my life so went for the semi auto model. Part-ex'd the WRX125.
It has a semi auto gear change, i.e left index finger to change up, thumb to change down to 5 gears. No clutch handle. Heated grips, screen height adjustment, 2 big rear side boxes for storage. get about 48mpg's.
Eats up motorway, quick as heck. Good wind and weather protection. Use it most days, all weather.
Now I've been spoilt with all this luxury, I'd probably have to go for Burgman if I go back to scoots.
How do you find the semi-auto? Journalists were critical that it was slow to operate, especially from rest.
There is a test of the FJR semi-auto vs Honda VFR DCT in this month's Bike magazine, but I can't be arsed to buy the mag just for that!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:There is a test of the FJR semi-auto vs Honda VFR DCT in this month's Bike magazine, but I can't be arsed to buy the mag just for that!
You really mean you can't have a free read in WH Smith or anywhere else because this months Bike magazine is sealed in a poly bag! :)
Well, that doesn't help! But I'm not paying out £4 or whatever for one article that is only of indirect interest.