going to the darkside

For members who own little scooters.
tallpaul
Benefactor
Current Ride: xmax 125

going to the darkside

Post by tallpaul »

Well I've finally come to the fork in the road with the scooter, having passed my driving test in February I'm buying a car to travel to work & back, I've had six years of commuting through winters at five am :( , I've had some great times aswel on it, it's a brilliant way to get around through traffic & pulling away from the lights is still fun ;)
I just don't find the time to have rideouts for fun & after long shifts at work it's going to be more comfortable just jumping into my car, I'm getting a little Toyota yaris t sport. I'd like to thank you all for the good advice and banter over the years, it's been great :D

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: going to the darkside

Post by horobags »

Good luch with the car paul, you dont have to leave, as long as scoots interest you and you enjoy thr muppets, stick with us. :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The car means you don't have to use the scoot on ice and snow in winter.
Best to have both.
Scooter as main commuting transport, car as back-up and trips out with the missus.
The Yaris is an excellent choice.

tallpaul
Benefactor

Post by tallpaul »

gn2 wrote:The car means you don't have to use the scoot on ice and snow in winter.
Best to have both.
Scooter as main commuting transport, car as back-up and trips out with the missus.
The Yaris is an excellent choice.
I'd love to keep both gn2 but we've got limited parking space, I'd have to keep the scooter at work & pay insurance on both, I'll always have a soft spot for scooters and maybe one day come back to getting one. I don't know what to do with the xmax, its coolant needs topping up now & again, and the oil. It's basically a work bike, if I can sell it for a decent few hundred I'd be happy. You never know, one day I might return with a cool vespa 300 or something.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Get the Xmax on Gumtree, it should sell very quickly.
Prime time of year for selling scooters and the Xmax is a cracker.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I rent a nearby garage for my scooter, I also am taking driving lessons and will be taking my test soon and will be keeping the TMax for my commute.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

tallpaul
Benefactor

Post by tallpaul »

I'd love to keep it funky, I can keep it in the car park at work, but I'm paying £600 for the car insurance, ( the first quote was £1200 :o , until I put my wife on as a second driver, £175 road tax as opposed to £15 for the scooter :shock: , what am I doing? :lol: if I have to pay to run the xmax aswel it just gets silly.
I want to get some driving experience under my belt over the next year anyway.