new member but I'm sure I registered already.

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
roadrash

new member but I'm sure I registered already.

Post by roadrash »

Hi everyone I currently have a honda Nt650V Deauville and a Kawasaki ZXR750 I am rebuilding. Recently I also bought a second hand 2008 Piaggio MP3 400ie. I did have a Hayabusa 1300 last year but I am pretty badly disabled and have been cutting down to see if it makes things easier for me. I haven't had a good start with the MP3 which didn't ride as well as a Mp3 400LT I tested at a local dealer. It pulls away at higher rpm so maybe someone has changed the clutch. I am fine when the bike is moving apart from rear brake on a pedal. Otherwise its maneouvering the bike plus getting & off it. actually the busa turns out easier than the MP3 at this time until I get a few things sorted then it shoulb be ideal especially when i get worse (Ive had MS 23 years).
I will be very grateful for any iseas or help you can give me with things I may need to do with the Piaggio.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Re: new member but I'm sure I registered already.

Post by Alanzzg »

Hi and welcome to the icon_muppets.png
A friend of mine picks up his new MP3 500 LT Sport in a week time , l will let you know how he gets on with it .
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

hi mate welcome, you love your bikes,,, cool
if the scoot is pulling away at high revs it will probably mean the variator rollers ( there are eight of them ) have been more than likely changed to a lower gram weight each .. standard rollers for your scoot designated size is MP3 400 25x17
beedspeed show standard weights http://beedspeed.com/html-pages/variato ... -chart.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mp3 400 07-08 25x17 18.6gms x8
the clutch will be standard so i would not expect to look there :D
someone probably put in lighter rollers, the only way to see is if you weigh one on a kitchen digital scales.
if you want to buy the standard rollers x 8 then the best price is £18.50 delivered here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scooter-rolle ... 53fc5d8854" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
piaggio want £7.59 each :x
i you need advise dont be afraid to post it in the garage.. i do all the time :lol:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

hi and welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.