New Member. Piaggio X10(till next week) and Vespa GTV300

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
bugsy
Current Ride: Honda 750x dct

New Member. Piaggio X10(till next week) and Vespa GTV300

Post by bugsy »

Hi all,

My name is Steve and I live in Norfolk. Ride the above bikes for pleasure only being semi retired.

Changing the Piaggio next week for an x max 400.
The Piaggio has had a few minor issues and I am not happy with the italian 'laid back' parts availability. The bikes plastics are poor quality and have had hair line cracks since new. Bearing in mind it doesn't see much wet weather the stand and black metal underparts are rusting badly at 23months I'm getting sick of painting them up. Its been comfortable but the wallowing on bends at speed, the speedometer in KPH with very small MPH inset, and useless computer telling you your MPG all the time is winding me up. MPG for the 4000miles was between 60 and 85 riding gently. My wife rides pillion a lot but found the rear seat so wide she struggled to reach the footrests comfortably. She was surprised the yamaha's footpegs were so much better to reach on the bike in the Yamaha dealership.

The new Yamaha would have been delivered last month if the back box carrier hadn't been on back order so having to wait till it all comes together next week.

We use the Vespa GTV 300 for more local runs. It is a vie della moda model. in marone etna, a great colour. Vespa stopped manufacturing this model in March 2014. The Vespa's quality is much better than the Piaggio for some reason. Same use and about the same mileage. No rust issues. The materials seem better. MPG is between 80 and 105. incredible and we don't hang about.

Been following other owners with interest.-fink ya number 6... Me, Richard400, mj_jonesy, Robyn, Hammerfan...

I will follow this post with my observations on the new Yamaha when it finally arrives.

Bugsy

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Re: New Member. Piaggio X10(till next week) and Vespa GTV300

Post by anonstarter »

Welcome Mister Bugsy!
Great intro and some very interesting feedback on the x10 - which was on my shortlist!
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

jasg
Current Ride: piaggio x9

Post by jasg »

Welcome
loving my maxi

piaggio x9 125

honda ps 125

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

welcome great choice with the xmax :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi bugsy and welcome. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ey up bugsy, interesting comparison, ive had a couple of gts 300's, great scoots. Im finding the x-max 400 growing on me, look forward to your review.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Hi and welcome to the forum...:D

I don't think they stopped making the GTV300, I just think they've stopped importing that model. Which is a shame really coz it looks a beaut.
SEAT MO

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services