Free On Two Wheels magazine

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Free On Two Wheels magazine

Post by caecilius »

I was sorry to read in the latest Twist & Go magazine that the next issue will be the last. However, it will be replaced in future by a free issue of an o2W newspaper and the first issue is already available. http://www.o2w.co.uk/hot-off-the-press/

You just have to find your local stockist on the list here http://www.o2w.co.uk/stockists/

The latest Twist & Go, by the way, has an in depth review of the new TMax DX.

Alan

Walklikegump
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 K9

Re: Free On Two Wheels magazine

Post by Walklikegump »

caecilius wrote:I was sorry to read in the latest Twist & Go magazine that the next issue will be the last. However, it will be replaced in future by a free issue of an o2W newspaper and the first issue is already available. http://www.o2w.co.uk/hot-off-the-press/

You just have to find your local stockist on the list here http://www.o2w.co.uk/stockists/

The latest Twist & Go, by the way, has an in depth review of the new TMax DX.

Alan
I'm not very sorry . TnG went from a credible magazine that concentrated vehicles that went forward simply be twisting the hand grip. Seemed simple. Then they seem to have been taken over by someone who really didn't understand that. A few people tried to help them understand that putting a geared bike in Thier front cover isn't the way forward. But worse, they actually put random Facebook posts which were just links from classifieds . Once they put up a link for a second hand direct bikes scooter that was being sold for the same as a brand new one. .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Current: 2009 K9 Burgman
Previous : GPZ305 X7, Puch Maxi , MZ150 ( and more ), 15yr gap , Sym Joyride Evo 200i
Leicester

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

thank god, the issues got worse and worse over the years and was aimed at Chinese scooter market. They used to cover big brands and customization and performance parts and they they took a dull boring path.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I can't say I'd been reading it long enough to notice said deterioration. I started reading it because it offered an alternative to people like Michael Neeves riding £15K + sports and adventure bikes, none of which I could afford or even get my leg over.
I did notice however, that one journo, Mikko I think it was, kept making comments which seemed to show he had no idea of how a CVT transmission worked. Not the end of the world perhaps, but for someone working for a magazine called Twist and Go.. :?

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

RIP TnG.

Their name was Twist-n-Go but they kept pushing bikes with gears and clutches.
Hence competing with a multitude of far better well established bike magazines....
...while carrying a name no biker would touch with a barge pole.

It was only a matter of time.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I actually quite enjoyed T&G because it covered the cheaper end of the market and road-tested the smaller bikes which most of the big names such as ride, etc. shunned. Maybe its because some of them could be bikes I might (have to) buy in the future, as ageing and pension take their toll, or maybe reading it gave me a sense of superiority, with owning a TMax. :D :?
Mikko's roadtest of the new TMax was actually quite good, and he comes across as a nice bloke, but his comments in Twist'n'go such as " I don't know how it manages to be in the right gear all the time, but it does" annoyed me because I'm a bit of a technophile. :lol:

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

I could imagine a new magazine filling the 'commuter' niche doing quite well, with a little touring on the commuter machine thrown in.

'Commuter Bike-n-Scoot'

or something. Twist-n-Go, even to the non-aspergic is just all wrong when you twist the throttle and nothing happens, more a 'Twist-n-Rev' publication IMO.

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

Just to make it clear twist & go magazine is NOT ending , Just the free copy of otw paper is not included , This can be picked up for free at most bike shops .

Don't all Bike's & scooters need the throttle twisted to go :idea:

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

DTO wrote:Just to make it clear twist & go magazine is NOT ending , Just the free copy of otw paper is not included , This can be picked up for free at most bike shops .

Don't all Bike's & scooters need the throttle twisted to go :idea:
I'm pretty certain I read it was closing down. It says that on page 4. It says if you're a subscriber then you'll get a cheque for the copies you've paid for and won't get. The new mag On Two Wheels is going to replace it but that's a freebie and I guess it won't be posted out!

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i'd stopped reading twist an go ages ago.. it was fab when it was a scooter magazine. but then they started with the geared bikes an electric bikes. :roll: .. an anything they could find that wasn't a scooter. so i ditched it.eg:- 5 pages on ruck sacks... i'mean really ???? were they really that short on something to write... how about a TWIST 'N GO.... :lol:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .