Helmets at Asda

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Helmets at Asda

Post by MrGrumpy »

XP500FUN wrote:I had a similar experiance in a petrol station west just out of Scarborough, it was the way they said it very narky/unpleasantly as I did`nt pick it up the first time it was announced via the speaker thing. Did`nt realise what they were saying or talking to me at first.
Snag is, with earplugs in, I might not be able to hear them anyway!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

roadster wrote:Its not that easy to remove a helmet if it also means removing glasses so I prefer to boycott these filling stations.
Yeah...it is a hassle, and then you've got to find somewhere to put it, and either leave it outside for people to knock off or steal, or have the hassle of taking it with you to pay, whilst trying to hold gloves and get wallet out, finding debit card and entering pin! And then you have to take your glasses off to put the helmet back on.....

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I thought this was about ASDA starting to sell helmets.. :oops:
The only time it happened to me I pretended I had'nt heard them and carried on putting the nozzle back in the pump then taking it out and eventually they turned the pump on. :lol: Not ASDA though, can't remember where it was.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The only time I've actually had a hassle was in Northallerton, where they asked me to remove my helmet once I'd filled up, and was at the cashdesk paying!!!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Why on earth if you were at the desk paying !!!

Surely common sense would step in there !!!

Best Mark.

caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by caecilius »

I try to buy at my Esso which has a card payment at the pump - it save a lot of hassle. I have never been challenged about my full face helmet but i do feel self conscious if I have to wait in a queue.

I wear glasses, so it's an extra bit of a faff to get the helmet off and on again.

Alan

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

The petrol pump in the local Shell station talks to me; it's never asked me to take off my helmet.
Perhaps it can see I'm getting a bit doddery so am unlikely to make off without paying. :P
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

What we need is a mass shopping trip.
Every bike must pull up, dismount, centre stand, remove gloves, helmet, glasses and ear plugs. Add a couple of litres of petrol. Go pay. Return put in ear plugs, on with the lid, glases and gloves, lift bike off stand and away.
About 50 of us doing this during a busy period might cause a rethink.
Well it worked on the Skye bridge lol

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

steve_h80 wrote:What we need is a mass shopping trip.
Every bike must pull up, dismount, centre stand, remove gloves, helmet, glasses and ear plugs
That's me out :roll: I don't meet the criteria :lol: I have A|LWAYS worn gloves, I have worn a brain bucket since it was made a legal requirement, I've worn corrective vision spectacles for the last 59 years, but have NEVER worn ear plugs :oops:
Have wheels, will travel :D

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

No, me neither Bern. I think Tinitus is a small price to pay for the pleasure of riding motorbikes.. :D
And while I'm waxing lyrical and to add further to health and safety and ATGATT anger, I rode today in teeshirt, jeans and trainers. How lovely to have the warm wind on my face and body. (It's not very often it happens in the UK is it) :)