Helmets at Asda

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Helmets at Asda

Post by Funkycowie »

The Bern wrote:
steve_h80 wrote:... but have NEVER worn ear plugs :oops:
I don't wear them either. I have regular hearing tests at work because of the noisey environment, apparently my hearing is perfect with no signs of degredation and I have been riding for 15 years
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

i always thought the correct thing to do when asked to remove a helmet was place all the nozzles on the floor and fuck off to another petrol station :D
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

2wheelover51 wrote: I rode today in teeshirt, jeans and trainers. How lovely to have the warm wind on my face and body. (It's not very often it happens in the UK is it) :)
Indeed it's been a grand week to be a rider :D Went to the national motorbke museum on Thursday, just the bottom 4" of zip done up, rest of the open jacket was like a windsock, very pleasant way to ride 8-)
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Bern wrote: Indeed it's been a grand week to be a rider
Yeah, if you like cleaning the remains of innumerable dead insects off your visor, yes! :lol:

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Yeah, if you like cleaning the remains of innumerable dead insects off your visor, yes! :lol:
But not such a good week to be a bug :lol: Them bugs are buggered :lol: I don't mind cleaning the crash hat, it's the screen that takes the time :roll:
Have wheels, will travel :D

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Dead insects are a good sign, remember in the days before Monsanto's Roundup when a car's headlamps could be almost blotted out after a short trip down country lanes?

I went through summer France one year and had almost no dead insects at all.

However none usually reach my visor anyway as the windscreen and wind blast from it directs them away :D

As for earplugs, I usually use 3M earbugs on a blue plastic frame they come on, comfortable and takes only a moment to remove- and still pretty good at sound reduction.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

"Dead insects are a good sign, remember in the days before Monsanto's Roundup when a car's headlamps could be almost blotted out after a short trip down country lanes?" Quote Globs.

It's when you've got dead bugs on your visor after a short trip down memory lane you need to worry! :lol:

I think Andyscooters answer is the best one - leave the nozzles on the floor and use the next one. :mrgreen:

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Shell had a policy of asking bikers to remove helmet before they would turn pump on,I won't use a Shell garage even though they have lifted this ruling (allegedly) It needs a group of bikers to pull up and comply ie take helmet etc. Off then put minimal amount of fuel and put all of your gear back on and go and pay but wait till point of payment before taking all gear off again pay then stand in the way and put your gear back on ride round block and repeat the procedure.
I won't take my helmet off when putting fuel in as I ride a single seat bike with nowhere to put it secure,my helmet cost more than some of the shitty cars that fill up so they can piss off

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

My son put just his gloves on his clock as he went in to pay and they were stolen, in the middle of winter too.

Best Mark.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Davefirestorm wrote:Shell had a policy of asking bikers to remove helmet before they would turn pump on,I won't use a Shell garage even though they have lifted this ruling (allegedly)
I use several Shell garages locally and aren't asked to remove my helmet.