Two Bike Terry`s !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Two Bike Terry`s !!!

Post by XP500FUN »

I`m not called Terry, and most on here won`t be !!! but I just wondered how many have 2 or more bikes.

I never had more than one, and even went through 2 years of no bike in 2010/2012.

I`ll hopefully never go through that again, the horror etc !!!

My Ex never really quite got her head round me liking bikes and was often moody if I popped out on it, so talk of me getting a 2nd bike now as I keep mine in the garage there has`nt gone down too well.

Its probably something to do with me going to be feeling "Happy" about it, thats bound to wrankle somewhat !!!

But as I`ve ranged on here about recently fancying a Silverwing for a lower easier on the old body, ride etc, as I get nearer to doing it I`m finding I can`t bear the thought of letting my T,max MK1 go. I`ve never loved a bike so much as this one.So even if just the odd quick ride on less cronky days I`d really like it to stay.

Is two bikes, too wrong !!!

I have a cousin ( always single ) has 3 and he has a friend who does have a family has I think about 15/20 !!! though that might be pushing it somewhat.

Also my middle son is hoping to get his A2 in just under 2 years so a T`Max is bob on for HP as well.

So do many on here have two or more bikes hiding somewhere ? I`m feeling the need !!!

Best Mark.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Re: Two Bike Terry`s !!!

Post by andyscooter »

i used to but havnt got one at all at the moment
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well I'm not called Terry either Mark..
Nothing wrong with two bikes.
I've had a TMax and a CBF600S for over a year now. If I try to decide which one to sell I ride them both back to back and since I always enjoy riding them both I decide to keep them. There are plenty of others on the forum in the same predicament.. :?
Just wish I could get insurance to cover both which was actually cheaper than two separate bike policies, since I can only ride one at a time. :?

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Sorry to have mentioned it Andy you need to Re-Burg or something if you can.

I was thinking about the insurance too. Mine in days of old used to let you add another bike for £20 for the year, though never did, and C`Nash don`t.

Does anyone have ins where you can thats affordable ?

I could just insure one, and just rub and fondle the Tmax I suppose !!!!

Best Mark.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

I always have two bikes at least (though as costs rise it begins to seem more a luxury=want than a need).

One is usually a small cc machine as a DIY winter hack but I've done small bike touring to death in the last 7 years so now won't own smaller than 400cc (though the new 300cc are impressing me)

In my day (pre divorce) I had 9 bikes all taxed and insured + projects & even had a garage built to keep & work on them. (Wasn't retired then either)

CN used to do sensible multi bike policies but their costs since being bought out make them just another bunch of money grabbing w******.

I now insure each bike on a separate policy and by taking out a nationwide flex account at £10 a month cover all my recovery fees for any vehicle home or abroad (covers my mobile as well which I loose like odd socks)

Sadly as we go tech savvy to save money you now have to waste hours of your life trolling the interweb looking for best deals each & every time.

The days of your the customer and a company wanted you business are long gone now you are just a walking cash point.
( Capitalism rant over)

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

I have 5 bikes,one is my Burgman and three oldies and one modern.Ride the Burgman more often as it's the most practical.

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

And my name isn't Terry lol.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Two scooters seem almost a necessity these days - one of them seems to have an issue at any time, though of course sods law often means that sometimes they both have a problem at the same time!

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

My names terry.....For a moment there I thought this thread was about me..I even went to the garage to see if someone had parked a second bike in there :lol: :lol: :kiss:
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Call me terry if you like ,I don't care . Yes if 2 bikes rocks your boat have them it's not a crime . I do have 2 but most of the time I ride the srv850 scoot , do I need 2 no but I can so I do .