Taking a break from the forum...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Taking a break from the forum...

Post by kayz1 »

All the best from me Data. Plus what every body else has said..
Lyn.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

wishing you the best
I'm guessing what you have is the same as what blobby off here uses to suffer with
his turned out to be uncurable and is now registered blind

hope you have better news then he did
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Thanks you so much guys for your best wishes, love you all :kiss: . Much appreciated everyone. Thanks for the offer of that full set of epub books globs, but I will have to rest the eyes full stop once each operation has been carried out. I have four lots of surgery to the eyes to go through. This is happening because I went blind a short time ago and although I got my sight back because of the fantastic NHS getting me on the operating table just 2 hours after I lost my sight, and giving me sight restoring surgery, it could happen again. If it did happen again, it won't be curable. So this is hopefully going to cure me of the eye condition and prevent me going blind permanently. The first ops are not due for several weeks yet. I have drugs that help to control the eye issues and I'm told that after all the surgery I shouldn't have to take the drugs. So looking forward to that. Incidentally, although my consultant doesn't want me to use computers etc, he did say that if I must, then limit the time to 10-12 mins with several hours gap inbetween each session. That's not very practical so I'm basically coming off the net as I think that is best. Sorry to hear about blobby. Hope he's alright! Anyhoo, Geordie is working hard to reprogram me here at Starfleet, and refusing to let me use his 'visor'! Bluebottle has kindly offererd to keep you all up to date with what's going on (just got to let him have my number) and he'll know doubt let me know if there is anything I can help anyone with. I'm due to rebuild some engines over the summer and I think I'm going to have to delay those for a bit. Never mind.

Thanks again everyone and again, enjoy the summer and I'll see you all on here and hopefully on a ride out or two another time. Bye for now
Ian ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Get well soon Data...you will be missed, by the way anyone got a spare pair of legs, mine have difficulty communicating with the body!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Wishing you all the best Data

whoops RFQ I blame speckled hen

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Errr, did you check the date of the last post Jim
Have wheels, will travel :D

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yep. He's all fine when I saw him last week.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Sorry guys, this is my fault. I should have posted HERE to notify all is well. I did post to say how everything went but not here. Thanks Jimo for your kind words, but I'm fine now. In fact, I have a tifficate that says that I'm officially 'normal'...can you believe that! I'm stoked!

Scootypuff snr, I find you can blame anything on Speckled Hen...great isn't it! :lol: In fact, have enough of it and you never have to take responsibility for anything!! I'd like to say that if you have enough of it you notice how much better your can ride one's scooter, how much faster it goes, and how one never makes any mistakes. And another thing, notice how bad everyone else's' driving is...I'd like to say that but of course cannot because I don't do that, no really, I don't when driving or riding! :o However, when not riding or driving!!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Ahhhh, you only blame Speckled Hen, becuse you have yet to find ..... Reverend James, it comes from Brains Brewery, after a 'few' it's more like Friyer Brains Brew .......... hic,burp
Have wheels, will travel :D

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

The Bern wrote:Errr, did you check the date of the last post Jim
Oh dear! I didn't notice the date of the last post - sorry about that, I'm so pleased that Data has now recovered from his ordeal, its so horrible when the body and the mind get 'out of step' All of you - keep safe.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70