Highest Mileage Forza 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Re: Highest Mileage Forza 300

Post by Pete07bikes »

Hi Generalpurpose, sorry to hear the Forza is a write-ff - although not surprised.
Try the Honda CB500X out, I've been running one for about 10 weeks now and really enjoying it, phenomenal mpg - I'm touring Britain on it and just done 192 miles for £10.14 (@ £1.17 per litre) - that's 101mpg! Agree I'm not racing it but I find it a very capable bike, it's fairly light too - certainly worth a look.
Whatever you end up with enjoy trying the shortlist out and I'm glad that you are back in the seat and riding again.
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

Yes Pete I have ridden these too. I used to work for Honda.
my scooter is a CAT B write off due to bend frame...still got some issues with the third party insurance as they valued the scooter OK, but are only wanting to issue a cheque for 70% and leave me with the balance as the salvage bike which is useless for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pete07bikes
Benefactor

Post by Pete07bikes »

Hi Generalpurpose - ah, therefore you know most of the range Honda have - I'm quite taken with the 500x, maybe because a CB500 was my first 'big' bike in 2004 when I did my test.
I should imagine the insurance company will give you the 70% value AND the scooter - if so you could list the scooter on e-bay as damaged to recoup the 30% balance. I don't know the numbers you are talking about but I imagine a late Forza 300 would make at least £500.
Pete
Honda CB500-XA

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

but they valued the salvage to be worth over 1000 pounds and I don't want the hassle of eBay selling and breaking it etc...so u will not accept

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

[quote="Generalpurpose"...still got some issues with the third party insurance as they valued the scooter OK, but are only wanting to issue a cheque for 70% and leave me with the balance as the salvage bike which is useless for me

[/quote]

That sounds utterly bizarre, and very unhelpful! How are you / they supposed to know how much you'll get for a salvage scoot anyway? I don't think you get much at all taking it to a scrapyard.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

My son only manged to get £80 for his two stolen recovered NTV650`s, with good tyres on etc.

He could of maybe done much better with all the faffing of selling bits etc, but along and drawn out and space taking etc process.

It should be a money only thing anyway surely.

They are paid to insure.

Best Mark.

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

the insurance have now corrected the value of the salvage down. as the bike has been written off as a CAT B which means it can not be put back on the road. Also the salvage company is buying it off me for that agreed value so at least I will get a decent payout.

so I guess I will look to buy an Xmax 300...maybe a demo bike which means I won't have zoo pay too much on top...

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Pete07bikes wrote:Hi Mike, yes be good to catch up and have a natter
I use Lee at Motoworks Sittingbourne, - 01795 844899
Lee used to be the chief mechanic @ Bowen motorcycles in Chatham - he has been an independent for the last 4-5 years and is very good.

Pete
Is this place just off the A2..??????,if so,found it yesterday while ridding round some very small/narrow country lanes.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor

Post by Pete07bikes »

Yes Richie, if you're going towards Sitingbourne from Rainham its the 2nd turning on the right after the Tuck in

Pete
Pete
Honda CB500-XA

Pete07bikes
Benefactor

Post by Pete07bikes »

Hi Generalpurpose - glad the insurance company has finally seen sense

pete
Pete