What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Ferret »

Funky the pr 4,s are a great tyre ,the wet grip is outstanding .

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Rode to Braintree for some pie and mash with a nice elongated route.

Last week nice ride to Clacton.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Rode Mr T in the gusty conditions to my daughters in Poole. Going under some trees with my flip-front up got hit on the lip by an acorn or something. It hurt! :)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Ferret wrote:Funky the pr 4,s are a great tyre ,the wet grip is outstanding .
Theres something that feels very different with the Bridgestone SC's vs the Michelin PR4's. With the Bridgies when you turn you can almost feel them dig in and obey, change direction and they just obey, its like riding on rails or how I imagine that feels like. The PR4's on the other hand feel like they just do it but with little to no feedback... I'm not sure I like it. The difference is almost like the PR4's say 'Ok, sure' but the Bridgies say 'Yes master'.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Deleted User 5375

Post by Deleted User 5375 »

Finally got my rear wheel balanced and ready to go back in ....that's only taken me about 6 weeks ....but cracked my ribs in the meantime which has meant I've been pretty useless and then got back on my pushbike instead of using the scooter ....but time to get it through its MOT now....that's the next job.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Funky ,yes they just do it as if they are on rails is how I describe the pr 4.s on all my machines . I think the feeling difference is down to the carcass construction . I relate it to riding a telelever front end on BMW,s which really have no feedback compared to conventional forks . The telelever just does it ,it's a matter of adjusting and trusting it .I have Pirelli Diablo Rosso on the srv ATM and I don't normally do pirellis on anything but these have been superb even in the wet .

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Fitted the Tucano Urbano gaucho to my Tmax, this mornings ride in strong wind and heavy rain was much better. Just the Shad handlebar muffs to fit now for winter.

Deleted User 5375

Post by Deleted User 5375 »

Got my back wheel back in, replaced a bulb and booked my MOT for 9am tomorrow morning.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Enjoyed a rather wet and windy ride into work. The bike was so much fun (not) filtering through traffic on wet road markings and having some nice side gusts to truly make my day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Drilled and tapped my bar ends M8 on the Tmax using the works lathe then fitted my Shad handlebar muffs with M8 stainless countersink screws ready for a cold winter. Coupled with my Tucano termoscud, todays commute was toasty warm. Bring on those chilly winter mornings !