Daelim

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
roygib
Benefactor
Current Ride: sym symphony st Yamaha Tricity

Daelim

Post by roygib »

The new Motogb website,looks like they will not be selling Daelim scooters any more.I have owned a S1 and a S3 scooter in the passed,found them to be very good bikes.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Re: Daelim

Post by Drago »

It is a shame. My Daelim S1 was a well specced bike for the price. But I had several issues with it and our wet weather,
the indicator relay had to replaced as did the indicator switch as these failed in less than two years. The fuse controlling lights blew several times, due to dodgy wiring. The exhaust corroded through quite rapidly. Not to much to replace but the second exhaust developed a hole within a matter of months! Again, it was a well priced and specced bike but the build quality issues forced me to get rid of it sooner than planned.

I wonder if someone else will take them on or if they'll be gone from the UK market all together.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

You'd have thought the (South) Koreans would be as good as the Taiwanese at making scoots, but Hyosung weren't that great either!

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

not the scooters its the importer

moto gb are complete bastards

take on names decide they don't like htem and move on leaving owners in the shit

LML and KTM are some
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

kav
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Helix

Post by kav »

I had a Daelim B-Bone for a while, cracking scooter it was to. Engine was a little gem but the bike had some annoyances. The rear shock was rock solid (like it didn't have one); if I went over a pot hole bone jarring - to the extent I developed a standing up routine as I approached. Either the fuel gauge or speedo misted over with condensation(can't remember which now). It also had a charging problem which I never got to the bottom of. I self diagnosed it as a rectifier issue; no test equipment, it just had to be that, and of course it wasn't. I replaced the battery so wasn't that either. I think it was 2 months old when I bought it with 80 miles on the clock

It always brought a smile to my face when riding it back from work; not many 125ccs (in my view) can do that. Though I missed having a topbox. Keep thinking I might get another.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Crap like that won't bring a smile to my face no matter how sweet the motor was. These Chinese machines have a long way to go. I am surprised how many people seem to defend them and then mention all the unacceptable niggles/problems they have.

Early adopters will just encourage them! :D

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:These Chinese machines
Which Chinese machines? Daelim is SK.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

These non-Japanese, Asian - not including Sym and Kymco - machines! ;)

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

i will step in and defend

Chinese machines

the only problems I had with my baotian (in 2006 so when they really first started coming over ) was the fact I put an open filter on it and water got into the carb (fixed by buying a better filter with a cover on)
and the battery would go dead if I forgot to press the button on the key to disable the electrics

so both my fault not the scooter

daelim are good scooters but again like LML let down by the importer (not to mention the LML factory shut down so spares became sparse)
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

No-name Chinese have been awful, but WK and Lexmoto seems to be pretty good and on the ball,

SYM and Kymco are Taiwanese and quality is in my view above Japanese, but some of their smaller machines are made in China for them (125 and below for SYM IIRC).

Japan has an issue with costs and exchange rates and are therefore on so competitive. This means they cut corners and raise prices, although are having stuff manufactured abroad to reduce costs now.

I don't regard BMW/Kwak as very serious in the scooter market TBH, best to just buy Kymco direct (assuming there's a UK distributor now).