WK 650

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: WK 650

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Despite my comments this week on another thread about my lack of trust in reliability and longevity with Chinese bikes etc etc
I will have to admit to admiring the looks of the WK 650MT. From all angles it does look rather tasty with those angular lines. The lack of dealerships and back-up though, would be another reason for not touching WK.

So, some positives there then!

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: The lack of dealerships and back-up though, would be another reason for not touching WK.
When I chatted to the WK guy at a MC/Live show (a year or two ago) he was saying he'd got the best spare parts service in the country and boasted he could get any part to anyone literally in a day or two.

I've no idea what the situation is today, or if you'll have to go direct, but it did appear that getting parts wasn't going to be an issue. Now we just have to wait until someone on here needs a part and tells us how fast it arrived :)

I'd certainly get one - just because I could literally buy 2 or 3 for the price of a 'proper' make and they seem to be pretty good because they are a 'brand' rather than an anonymous garage in China, and they seemed very well organised.

Also if I got a Vespa look-a-like I'd be able to park it in public and it would still be there when I came back, saving me a bus fare.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I have used WK (Quadzilla) for spares in the past, after I dropped the bike off the paddock stand...whoops.
And they arrived within 2 days.
And the prices where stupidly cheap....
New front mudguard (ready painted) £30
New indicator (LED) £10
New mirror pod (ready painted) £15
I have used them recently for other items, and they have come within 2 days.......and the guy says they have 100% parts availability. .........being as it is identical underneath the plastics to the WK650i most parts should not be a problem......................I hope :-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

What the importers of Chinese bikes need to do is to build a proper brand - it looks is as if they can do spares, but they need proper dealers and a proper range, rather than a variety of lookalikes from random Chinese factories. WK have taken some steps, but seem to have faltered. Maybe the UK market isn't ready yet.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Agree MrGrumpy............

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Always thought Clement Moto had the right idea, with their Zontes brand of 125s, all coming from one factory Tayo. Their euro 4 injected and linked braked models, Firefly and scorpion look decent and we'll priced. Then multi factory importer Lexmoto jump in with some new models branded Kiden, almost identical to the New Zontes's at a hundred quid less, from - you guessed it the Tayo Factory!