Ordered new 2018 Xmax 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Re: Ordered new 2018 Xmax 400

Post by charles1976 »

Great choice and that's the colour I'd go for.... Please post pics and in-depth review when you get it!!!

May I ask where your getting it from I may give them a bell
Enjoy

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Just make sure if you wrap it use good quality breathable stuff like 3m or avery dennison, you get what you pay for although i was going to have to pay 400 quid for my little Honda msx to get wrapped so paid 240 quid instead for it painted in house of kolor candy purple which is 60 quid a litre on its own.

I have bought a big sheet of gloss carbon fibre wrap to do my own easier parts on my tnt but seeing how i get on doing that myself before going for the pricey stuff.

Some stunning colours available and you can see them on youtube for an idea, matt, gloss, candy, pearl, flip, chrome you name it they do it!
Dezzie

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Globs wrote:Very nice, also VERY good idea to get those accessories: you'll love them in this weather :)

You may consider a vinyl wrap instead of spraying, it may be quicker, easier, reversible and protect the paint, not sure if they do clear but I'd think they would.
Not wishing to hijack and divert the thread....but are we saying the matt finish can be wrapped in to a gloss finish?
I had a previous gloss grey Burgman and got that wrapped,but i did’nt think wrapping would stick to a matt finish,at the moment i am kinda lurking around a matt finish bike,the matt finish is holding me back slightly......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Funkycowie is the forum wrapping king. Sure he's done his scooters more than once.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

ramasay wrote:
Data wrote:Yes, they do a clear vinyl wrap. And congrats on the 400 Xmas. Lovely bike...please post with your comparison between it and your 2015 model.
Never thought about vinyl wrap, will investigate.
There are some YouTube vids showing this process being carried out on a GTS300 Vespa. It's quite amazing just how good it looked afterwards and it makes the paintwork pretty much bullet proof! I don't have a link for you though just yet but I'll see if I can find it later.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

pics pics pics
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

congrats , it is a lovely looking scoot an having sat on one at the show the seat is amazingly comfortable , the only part that put me off was i wasn't able to stretch my legs out , hence the reason i went for the burger 400 instead.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Iagree with last post, why couldnt they shape the footboards so you can get full leg extension.. bit odd, its not like they cant or havent done it as its done on the tmax..

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Lucky You. I was looking at a Blue X-Max 400 at my local dealer. He also has a white 300 and they look very similar, but the 400 as the extra touches that enhance the finish. Also more power, parking brake and an extra disc up front.Yeah, I'm very keen on replacing my 400, he did say he could do me a great deal on it if I bought before January! Looking forward to your pictures! I looked at a Burgman 400 the other week, but I think the X-Max has more for your money and more storage, but as you say shorter leg room. I have had my 400 for over a year now and got used to it although I am 6 foot tall. Brother has a T-Max and it has amazing legroom.
enjoy eXtra to the Max

ramasay
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by ramasay »

Collecting sometime Wednesday morning, footboards won't be in till new year but no prob. Hope its dry as I will want to do 30 miles at least from the off as always with new bikes.

To answer a few other posts, deal was struck with dealer as scoot was at dealer since beginning of Novemeber, and px/price for either Tmax or Xmax early October was £800 less. Mentioned to them others might be interested in a deal and he said I was lucky as it was in showroom for a while and needed to make "before Xmas" extra bonus form Yam.

While the satin/matte would be a deal breaker as in my posts on Tmax DX, the cost to wrap/spray gloss on 400 would not be the £5k diff., plus I do like the 400.

Dealer is also a Suzi dealer and has new 400 burg in stock for same time. More legroom on Suzi but never more than an hour in saddle for my usage, plus back to back sitiing on both, the Xmax has a far more comfortable seat.

Horses for courses folks. Will try and give initial feedback on Wed or Thurs.