Ordered my new X-Max 400 today!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Re: Ordered my new X-Max 400 today!!

Post by mac65 »

I was just thinking about you Mac, moving on from Sym a few years ago and now on to a lovely looking Xmax. Although I can't quite recall the model - Joymax, was it?
Yeah I had a SYM GTS 300 then traded that in for a Joymax 300, then in 2016 got a new X-Max 400, so this will be my second X-Max! :D
enjoy eXtra to the Max

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:I was just thinking about you Mac, moving on from Sym a few years ago and now on to a lovely looking Xmax. Although I can't quite recall the model - Joymax, was it?
The two rear LEDs are on the Xmax are head-turners - I had to admire them when an Xmax crossed a junction in front of me last week.

Your post-op going well Data?
Captain, yes thank you! I'm weened off all me drugs now and am having to face reality!! :o But all is going well, wounds healing up nicely. I can actually see fantastically now...isn't the world a scary place. And arguably, my brain is now working ok too!!! :lol: Who the hell let all those other folks on the roads. Luckily for me I used to miss most of them but saw an awful lot of accidents in my rear view mirrors! Guess I'm just lucky... :o Thank you for your kind wishes, much appreciated.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

8500rpm
Current Ride: TMax DX

Post by 8500rpm »

I don't get it, but Yamaha Sweden decided not to carry the Xmax 400 any longer, only 125,300 and Tmax.

I think the 400 was of good value!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

btw the latest edition of Motor Cycle Monthly has a test of the Xmax 400, which I haven't read before - also a test of the Vespa GTS 300 Supersport (???) - so rather more scoot interest that normal.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

8500rpm wrote:I don't get it, but Yamaha Sweden decided not to carry the Xmax 400 any longer, only 125,300 and Tmax.

I think the 400 was of good value!
I know the 400 has a following but consider that the "new" model has just 5hp more than the 300 and weighs 210kgs, whereas the 300 is 179kgs. Then add that the 300 achieves over 90mpg compared to about 65mpg for the 400 and is about £1000 less. I would argue that until the 400 gets a Bluecore engine with another 5hp and mpg up around 80+, it does not stack up. Sure, as a junior Tmax it looks like value for money, but not compared to the 300. So to me the Swedish importer's decision looks unsurprising.

When the 400 goes Bluecore I'll eat my words!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote:btw the latest edition of Motor Cycle Monthly has a test of the Xmax 400, which I haven't read before - also a test of the Vespa GTS 300 Supersport (???) - so rather more scoot interest that normal.
Is that the March edition? The February edition I have seen had the Burgman 400
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:btw the latest edition of Motor Cycle Monthly has a test of the Xmax 400, which I haven't read before - also a test of the Vespa GTS 300 Supersport (???) - so rather more scoot interest that normal.
Is that the March edition? The February edition I have seen had the Burgman 400
Must be...the last version I had contained the Burger review, and the new edition arrived on my doormat yesterday.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

New 400 has 20% more torque than the 300...
As mentioned only say 5 more HP (4 Kw) but most of the power is higher in the rev range... I know a twist n go tries to keep the revs at optimum...
But the Torque is what is felt every time you turn the throttle, pull away and more importantly roll-on...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Is that the March edition? The February edition I have seen had the Burgman 400
Yes, just checked - March edition.

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Well didn't get to pick up my new X-Max on Thursday as we had a wee bit of snow, so will see how the weather is tomorrow and see if it will happen! Fingers crossed... :D
enjoy eXtra to the Max