T Max insurance

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: T Max insurance

Post by rtfm »

Are you in central Londonistan? Parked on the street maybe?

MCE always come out cheapest for me. They are a shower of shite if you have an accident but I can cope with that.

If you do go with MCE though and have an accident, don't accept any offer of a hire bike from their 3rd party company Plantec. They are shady disreputable aholes.

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

Bennets wont insure any one over 75, tried em

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

ridinhigh wrote:Bennets wont insure any one over 75, tried em
I chose bennetts from the options given on the comparison site - seems odd they don't offer cover to over 75s as they are owned by Saga

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

800 does cost alot but im presuming because the tmax are well known to get stolen by these scooter gangs im presuming they increased the insurance due to it being a favorable bike to steal. but shop around im sure a company will give you a better quote.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Despite a few accidents in my riding life my insurance for a TMax and an NC750X living just North of Greater London was only £275, the insurers are taking the piss if they want that much if you are not in a high theft area and have not had accidents.

EDIT: Just saw that you are over 75... my dad couldn't get insured, even for a trike, but that I believe was because he had not ridden for over 40 years. There are some insurance companies out there that specialize in older aged riders.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...