Thoughts on a new scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
dogfood09

Thoughts on a new scoot

Post by dogfood09 »

Hey muppets,

After 7 months without being on the road due to scum bags trying to nick my j125 I'm now in a position to get myself a new 2018 scooter, I've whittled it down to these two. Yamaha x max 125 or a Honda Forza 125, anything i should about these scoots before i make a leap..

Thanks

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Thoughts on a new scoot

Post by muddyfox »

Depending on your annual mileage the service intervals might become a deciding factor.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Both are premium brands so probably reasonably reliable and fairly cheap to run - decide which dealership you personally favour and take it from there

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Symcity wrote:Both are premium brands so probably reasonably reliable and fairly cheap to run - decide which dealership you personally favour and take it from there
That's a fair comment, the dealer is crucial.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

The 2018 Xmax with LEDs has an appallingly bad main beam and a highish seat height. The Forza is a bit lower, I think, and I can't comment on the lights as I don't have one.

Otherwise, from my experience so far with the Xmax300 I can tell you it is a fine, if strangely uninspiring machine.

On service intervals - brands claiming longer ones are - in my view - bullsh***ing us as invariably they need an "intermediate oli change". Ok, you can probably do that yourself but it still needs attention! Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but that is how I've found it.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I think the Forza is getting a makeover for next year. Don't think there are any major changes, but it might affect availability. Either there will be none around as stocks of current models have been sold, or lots of current models will be sold off cheap!
Must admit I like the Forza 125, even though I'm normally a Yamaha fan. No actual experience of either I hasten to add!

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

muddyfox wrote:Depending on your annual mileage the service intervals might become a deciding factor.

For the next 4 months I will be doing an ave of 40 miles a day to commute to work.

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

Symcity wrote:Both are premium brands so probably reasonably reliable and fairly cheap to run - decide which dealership you personally favour and take it from there
Only had experience with p&h in crawley, they were satisfactory at best..

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Is there a dealership near to work??? nothing like dropping your bike off in morning & collecting end of day whilst slaving to earn the dosh.

Have you tried to see which Is cheaper on your insurance as you have claims (sounds daft but some brands are more favoured)

Which takes/ has/ comes with extra security, e.g. datatag Honda HISS. Do wheels accept a chains easily (try to get a chain through an X-ADV)

The Honda has a Facebook group and seems pretty bullet proof (don't know about yam)

Think horrobags had and liked the forza

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

forza, forza, forza!!!!!!!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.