Sat Nav or Phone holder

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
OldEssexman
Current Ride: 2017 650 Exec

Sat Nav or Phone holder

Post by OldEssexman »

I have had my sat nav mounted on a Ram ball on my brake master cylinder for a while but I have never been very happy with it. It puts the sat nav a bit too close to me and, I am concerned about possible stresses and strains to the master cyclinder with all the shaking about on our beautifully smooth roads - ha!

I have just fitted one of these
https://taiwanbigscootershop.com/produc ... ted-system
which puts the sat nav just where I want it, directly in front of me and at a comfortable distance. The unit is not cheap and, in the UK, there is VAT and Parcelforce handling fee to pay which adds about 20 quid on top but it is well made, fits well and, so far so good, appears robust.
I spent some time looking for a suitable mounting bracket, this is the only one I've found so far.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Sat Nav or Phone holder

Post by kayz1 »

Did they not add the 25% tariff to it...???...

OldEssexman

Post by OldEssexman »

What 25% tariff?

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Ram mount,,,made in America i always thought..EU; tariff on American goods..or does it not yet work that way?

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

kayz1 wrote:Ram mount,,,made in America i always thought..EU; tariff on American goods..or does it not yet work that way?
I think it's variable Lyn, IIRC it's a 31% tariff on Hardlet Davidsons mase in the USA, hence why they are opening factories in Europe & Asia
Have wheels, will travel :D

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

31%...that's good, it at least shows him he can not push every body around. Any way the CIA will bump him off soon like they did Kennedy so i was told :lol:

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

kayz1 wrote:31%...that's good, it at least shows him he can not push every body around. Any way the CIA will bump him off soon like they did Kennedy so i was told :lol:
Ere Yer go bud ...... https://www.wsj.com/articles/harley-dav ... 1529927301
Have wheels, will travel :D

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

OldEssexman

that looks a good find,is it model specific (I know it says AN-650) but does the bracket hook over by adjustment and just bespoke machining added by company

OldEssexman

Post by OldEssexman »

Not sure I understand the question. Yes, it is model-specific. Two existing screws at the front of the dash hold it on and there are two arms that grip the top of the dash. These arms are adjustable but they fitted fine as they came out of the box. Ignore the big PDA holder jobby it comes with, I used the plate that fits to to fit my satnav bracket.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

No you answered it fine thank you.