Soul searching!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Soul searching!

Post by Snail »

Hi yes looked at Yamaha liked it but suzuki have the edge on loading, Fowlers have a 18 model 400 burgman un reg, no miles in black only one left, been in showroom so been played with sat on etc @ £5399 on the road, good deal?
Snail

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Burg man be okay for shopping trips :lol: Give you an idea for camping although I think new model has slightly less storage .You can also add fehling side racks and givi panniers .I'm going out with tape measure see if my tent will go in .

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Deleted User 7077

Length of under seat is 600mm not quite big enough for my Olpro tent which is 750mm .

Snail

Post by Snail »

Ok that's good then, think outside the box regarding tent the length is usually governed by length of poles? They could be carried separately strapped to one grab handle? Fold the tent up smaller parcel to carry maybe?

Snail

Deleted User 7077

Its got those click poles just unfold and click top and stands on its own .Its copy of Khyam system I picked it as have trouble up and down off my knees so wanted minimal pegging.

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

Don't discount other scoots. What about a used maxsym 600i or a piaggio x10 500?

Snail

Post by Snail »

Ah , ok we used to have Kyham tents, we used Vango as well tunnel type with porch?

Benr we don't want to go above a 400cc, tax insurance and weight getting it onto trailer

Snail

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

Snail wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:09 pm Ah , ok we used to have Kyham tents, we used Vango as well tunnel type with porch?

Benr we don't want to go above a 400cc, tax insurance and weight getting it onto trailer

Snail
Ah ok didn't realise that there is a maxsym 400i as well or the sym gts 300i? Kymco downtown 300i? Kawasaki j300 & as others have stated the yamah a xmax 300 although it's a bit expensive. The point I was making is there's an abundance of choice see if you can get a few test rides. :)

Snail

Post by Snail »

We decided it's the Burgman, but not the one from Fowlers, i contacted my local chap Neil Fraser, and asked if they would do the servicing save me a 50 mile round trip to Bristol.

The reply was why from Bristol? and I explained the deal I was offered, to which their reply was, we can do the same deal, order you a new one to arrive here crated, instead of the one that's been crawled all over! in either colour, and after the Sh private sale fell through I'm part exchanging it.Swapping over our Givi topcase.

The bad news is the Honda is going today still, and have to wait for the Suzuki to arrive
Have read good and bad things about the Burgman, last Suzuki I had was a Super Six and a Ram air GT !

Only time will tell........
Snails

Deleted User 7077

Coming up to 20 years when first 400 burgman came out and a lot still running just look on eBay .So Suzuki doing some thing right .I was paying same road tax on a 171 cc so happier now up to 399 cc getting my moneys worth.Mine just brought has 35 k miles on clock running fine at moment .If can get it up to 40k without problems I'll be happy .