What's my GTS worth?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

Re: What's my GTS worth?

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Sorry to hear of your heart attack but you survived so every cloud has a etc etc

Don't be in a rush to sell with lack of confidence, Toecutter had two heart attacks over a weekend,took his time and 6 weeks later did the Malta tour.
TBH your vespa won't lose much more value over the £2100 you where offered & come spring if your still not up to riding then sell at £2100 privately (season beginning is always best time)

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

smeghead wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:25 am 4 years old in December GTS touring, extras are Vespa colour coded top box, Faco twin screen,, original one in loft, gel seat, original one in loft. It serviced by supplying dealer Ron Daley Barnsley until this year's service, as it had done do few miles I changed the filter and oil myself using oem filter and Halfords synthetic oil. It also has a front mud flap.
Colour & mileage??

bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Post by bn1966 »

Take care Smeg..speedy recovery Sir

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

I wish you a speedy recovery sir. All the best.

Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Post by Gav »

Sorry to hear of your ticker probs. I thought I was finished after my first in 1997 but am still here, admitedly thanks to the NHS and plenty re engineering internally.I have more recently been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetis COPD (emphasymia)and now on Insulin for the former had to inform the DVLA and get a special medical licence.
I understand the confidence thing but in my case it led to a long overdue complete change of lifestyle. Also returning to a former hobby of a 30 year gap having done some time on larger vessels, sailing
I have refurbed boats and raced em, on one occassion after a visit to Colchester General, after discharge the next day was out on Ardleigh Reservoir in a Persuit Race, and got third overall in the Club Championship that year.

have probably owned as many bikes as I ever had before including two Aprilia Maxi Scoots. Never owned a Scooter and after a 2000 Watt electric job got a 125 Atlantic which made me hanker after geared bikes again so very many followed however I aquired the older pre modular type 500 Atlantic,which has needed several issues put right but all said and done is a fun and comfy ride.It was also the only bike I had the confidence to ride after writing off an Aprilia Futura and very nearly myself, it being 46 years betwixt accidents.

I went to Ireland last year for the NW200 on my Cagiva Raptor 1000, that replaced the Futura,toured Scotland on the NW 500 Highlands route with the same club that did a run out of Nuneaton before the Northern Irish jaunt that by by myself,also rode the Mountain Course during non racing times on the IOM NW100, riding a little a little 50 Aprilia Tuono 50 I took over last year for the Manx Classic TT, in my Renault Kangoo(roo) van.

I wouldnt be in too much hurry to sell the Vespa as its entirely the wrong time of year now and the market is flooded by ever hopefulls trying to make a buck (myself to no avail I have to admit trying to reduce numbers)
Well whatever you decide, Get well soon and if you need advice from a seasoned member of the zipper club ( atriple bypass after a third coronary issue would have been more /but one side is full of stents/ I was told since had a cardio version then a Pace Maker defibrilator which meant another 4 weeks off road)etc, or just need to offload worries do not hesitate to PM me. been there done it got the t shirts/oily rags

kind regards GAv
icon_power-ranger.gif

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I agree, dont rush and sell it cheap, but you dont have to wait till spring, the 2 wheel trade carries on throughout the cold months.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I had my first h/a in 2014 and didnt ride for about 3 months, at exactly that time I’d just bought a Burgman 400 K8 which, over 4 years ownership, two drops and a total of 400 + miles I sold because it was too heavy, I still ride my Helix or Foresight occasionally but can’t walk far due to other probs. Try to hang on to the Vespa if you can because its not that heavy and has been a good bike to you.

Take care.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

My 2nd h/a came in 2017, I still ride my bikes but now have seven coronary stents to keep me going.

On the subject of statins I refuse to take ANY, EVER, due to Symbastastin having almost killed me in 2005 by severely damaging my liver as though it appeared like I’d been drinking heavily - and I DON’t drink! Never have, but I spent three weeks in hospital while the cause was found through stopping drugs one by one every couple of days until the prob was found.
Keep your chin up!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll chew it over and decide soon. I spent last night in hospital again, a bit of a scare but, thankfully that's all it was.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

glad your ok.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.