Going dark for a few days...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Re: Going dark for a few days...

Post by Pukmeister »

Maxsymuppet wrote:As for the ZX81 my brother started with one and he is now a programmer earning around twice as much (at least) as I do. It inspired him to go to university to do a degree in computing. Little acorns and all that.
Likewise our school was ahead of the game with computers and I was a grade A student in it (young nerd) working with Basic and CP/M languages (Pre MS-DOS).

Instead of choosing college and computers I chose to join the Royal Navy......I could have been the next Bill Gates/Steve Jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Story goes that the chairman of Digital Research decided he didn't need to cancel his gold match to go to am IBM meeting and they gave the contract to Microsoft. Expensive round of golf. I wonder how today's computer users would cope with the peripheral interchange program?

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Excellent, let's hope it's faster than my Bush tablet from Argos!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Meldrew wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:07 pm
smeghead wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:25 am Excellent, let's hope it's faster than my Bush tablet from Argos!
Is that a health supplement you take to make your pubic hair grow?
Ford is introducing a new concept "green" car called the Ford Pubic. It's made from old Corsairs.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

rayb wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:10 pm
Meldrew wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:07 pm
smeghead wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:25 am Excellent, let's hope it's faster than my Bush tablet from Argos!
Is that a health supplement you take to make your pubic hair grow?
Ford is introducing a new concept "green" car called the Ford Pubic. It's made from old Corsairs.
You have to be of a 'certain age' to get that one. Anyone younger wouldn't remember the Ford Corsair.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

It's done and dusted a few days ago! PC running lovely...lots of power. Thanks for the comments.

Only issue I have is with my sound. I'm running Windows 10 but can only get media player to give me stereo. I have 5.1 surround sound, and it works fine during sound & speaker setup with all speakers working fine. Yet when I play anything it's in stereo. :( I'll fix it but not found the issue yet.

I'm a big Linux fan (Ubuntu) and have been dual booting with that for the last 14 years and it's my system of choice. It is brilliant and just works once you know your Linux system commands. Unfortunately, so much hardware doesn't come with the chipset drivers for Linux now and many manufacturers are not yet supplying them with their new motherboards etc. So for now Windows rules.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I’d never go back to Microsoft - using Apple for last 16 years without many probs, ms had too many bugs.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Lots of people do now Jim. Apple these days in ok, although I don't use it myself.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...