New Peugeot Metro

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimish
Current Ride: Honda NC750X+ Peugeot Metropol

Re: New Peugeot Metro

Post by Jimish »

Meldrew wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:15 pm
Jimish wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:58 pm
Is it Euro 4 approved?

Jim
Don’t know about that but it doesn’t matter to me anyway.
The only other thing I would wish for is bigger wheels coz of the pot holes around these Devon roads.
[/quote]

Then you should have bought the later version with 15" wheels, but of course that has useless gubbins on it as well like ABS and TCS.
[/quote]
You’re quite right Meldrew, and it’s more than a grand dearer for bits I don’t want.
Some days you’re the lamppost. Some days you’re the dog. icon_shit.gif

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Great job.

Happy new scoot.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Another one not for technophobes, Peugeot have shown an "E-Metropolis". Looks the same as usual, except for no exhaust. Here's some translated blurb on the 49hp equivalent scooter:

This year, the Mondial de l'Automobile is coupled with the Motorcycle Show. The occasion for Peugeot Motocycles, the division dedicated to scooters now 51% owned by the Indian Mahindra, to unveil some ambitions. In this case, these are embodied in the form of the concept E-Metropolis, electrified version of his three-wheeled scooter Metropolis. Admittedly, the idea is not new since Vectrix tried to market a similar VX-3 in 2013.

It remains that among the major manufacturers, no one today offers his catalog of three-wheeled electric scooter. And when you know the success of the Piaggio MP3 range on the one hand and the BMW C-Evolution on the other hand, it is legitimate to imagine that the combination of the two can be relevant. If Peugeot transforms the test (this could be the case in 2020), it could benefit from a head start. Because if Piaggio is about to launch in a few days Vespa Elletrica , it is not at all the same segment: the Italian scooter is a 50 cm 3 equivalent, without a license, while the French is an equivalent 500 cm 3 .

Taking the chassis of the thermal version, the Peugeot E-Metropolis differs little outside. Logically, it is primarily the absence of exhaust that this three-wheeled scooter is different from its thermal brother. The electric motor, which develops a power of 49 hp, transmits its torque to the rear wheel via a toothed belt. The rear suspension, with a single central damper, is also reviewed because of this integration.

The E-Metropolis promises a range of 200 km and a top speed of 135 km / h. Peugeot does not announce acceleration values, but they should be close to those of a BMW C-Evolution, whose characteristics appear quite equivalent. A 3 kW on-board charger, with a charging socket located between the headlights, makes it possible to recover the totality of the autonomy in about four hours.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

StephenC wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:42 am Another one not for technophobes, Peugeot have shown an "E-Metropolis". Looks the same as usual, except for no exhaust. Here's some translated blurb on the 49hp equivalent scooter:
This year, the Mondial de l'Automobile is coupled with the Motorcycle Show. The occasion for Peugeot Motocycles, the division dedicated to scooters now 51% owned by the Indian Mahindra, to unveil some ambitions. In this case, these are embodied in the form of the concept E-Metropolis, electrified version of his three-wheeled scooter Metropolis. Admittedly, the idea is not new since Vectrix tried to market a similar VX-3 in 2013.
while the French is an equivalent 500 cm 3 .
The E-Metropolis promises a range of 200 km and a top speed of 135 km / h.
sounds promising but the retail price will decide it's fate.

I recall the vectrix was over ten grand in its day which at today a scooter prices would make it realistic to own but not then

Jimish

Post by Jimish »

Just got the insurance for the Pug. Met. £160 comp. including European & UK recovery!
Couldn’t believe my luck.

Jimish

Post by Jimish »

Delivery next Wednesday. Waaaaaaahoooooo!

Jimish

Post by Jimish »

It’s here!
I’ve only been out on it for 20 miles, and it’s sort of ok. There is a distinct lack of power after coming off my NC750X, which is no sports bike anyway. Of course I expected the drop in power.........I’ll get used to it. Don’t know how you blokes get on with 125s and I’m really glad I didn’t get the Tricity.
Handling is acceptable but if you hit a bump or a hole halfway round a bend it upsets it. Feels like the front needs better damping. No adjustment on the front and only spring tension on the two rear struts.
Been fitting a charging cable so I can swap my optimate 3 between the 2 bikes over winter. The battery cover is such a tight fit, there’s no room for an in line fuse under it so I think I’ll have to fit a remote fuse box under the seat. Got to get the cables and controller for my heated gloves somewhere too.
One thing I’m really impressed with is the build quality. Everything feels robust and all the panels fit very well.
Got to get some serious miles on it so that we can form some sort of a relationship, if you see what I mean.
When I’ve had it a while I’ll put a review on here about it.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your future updates.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Jimish wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 pm It’s here!
Image[/url]
Great colour, it's certainly going to be different but I think you'll bond.
I have been looking at wheelbarrow myself having ridden one in the early days

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Is it supposed to blue at the front and black at the back? Looks like someone welded the front of one onto the back of another!!
I'm surprised its so upset by bumps - I thought the point of a 3 wheeler was that would take all sorts of dodgy road conditions in its stride. Maybe it just helps when the grip is low.
The snag with these things is the high weight dragging performance down. One positive thing about the Tricity is that its weight is pretty low, but it is pretty tiny.