Sun shining!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Sun shining!

Post by Snail »

Had a nice ride out to Forest of Dean today, few more miles, took instant bbq had a nice sizzle, boiled up the kettle on the Trangia, just perfik!

Parked up at Beechenhurst picnic site, checked with Forestry commission who said no charge for parking motorbikes at any of their sites

Snails trails

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Re: Sun shining!

Post by road runner »

Nice part of the country is the Forest of Dean. If the weather was anything like we had here on the Essex coast today, it was fantastic! Tomorrow is supposed to be even better at 24 degrees Celcius so I will make the most of my National Trust subscription and pop over to the Wimpole Estate in Cambridgeshire.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

That's my plan for future rides got me Coleman petrol stove out yesterday let the 5 year old fuel burn off .It ran quite well bit too fierce for the ridge monkey okay to boil water .I'd have been out today but was having meters changed and didn't fancy it after he had gone .Ride to B&Q tomorrow tho who would have thought they would be cheapest for a 32 mm socket to get rear wheel off . :lol: :lol:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm .Ride to B&Q tomorrow tho who would have thought they would be cheapest for a 32 mm socket to get rear wheel off . :lol: :lol:
depends how many you have to buy if they don't round off trying to undo nuts

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

road runner wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:01 pm Nice part of the country is the Forest of Dean. If the weather was anything like we had here on the Essex coast today, it was fantastic! Tomorrow is supposed to be even better at 24 degrees Celcius so I will make the most of my National Trust subscription and pop over to the Wimpole Estate in Cambridgeshire.
How quintessentially English - we had torrential rain and gale force winds in jockland and yet again the a83 rest and be thankful road was closed due to a landslide - o yes that’s one good thing about engerland you do get decent weather for motorcycles

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

On Sunday I had my heated vest on and handlebar heaters on. On Tuesday over the country lanes in lightweight jacket and kevlar jeans. Today Wednesday sun is shining now what do I wear?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Did the Forest of Dean a few years back with the X9'ers. Stayed at the Fountain Inn. Great area.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:15 pm .Ride to B&Q tomorrow tho who would have thought they would be cheapest for a 32 mm socket to get rear wheel off . :lol: :lol:
depends how many you have to buy if they don't round off trying to undo nuts

Magnussan socket worth a punt at £2.35 for a 32mm socket won't get a lot of use once a year maybe .

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

The forest is very nice area and only 15 miles from us, will be out again soon chestnut gathering, the only real setback is the roaming of sheep on to the roads,

Some nice rides around here shame there isn't any members!

Went to the ship's graveyard at Purton other day not far from Sharpness docks on river and canal, where the tankers collided with the old Severn rail bridge in 1960, tide was very low so able to see the wreck of the tankers in middle of the Severn, if you haven't heard of it Google ship's graveyard at Purton or the Severn rail bridge disaster

Then of course we have the Cotswolds virtually on our doorstep

Snail

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Snail wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:40 am The forest is very nice area and only 15 miles from us, will be out again soon chestnut gathering, the only real setback is the roaming of sheep on to the roads,

Some nice rides around here shame there isn't any members!

Went to the ship's graveyard at Purton other day not far from Sharpness docks on river and canal, where the tankers collided with the old Severn rail bridge in 1960, tide was very low so able to see the wreck of the tankers in middle of the Severn, if you haven't heard of it Google ship's graveyard at Purton or the Severn rail bridge disaster

Then of course we have the Cotswolds virtually on our doorstep

Snail
I sent you a text Brian to see if you fancied a trip out today?