NEC Show - 17th to 25th November

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

NEC Show - 17th to 25th November

Post by Data »

Well chaps, I'm going on Tuesday 20th of November. I normally get there for about 10am or just after depending on traffic. This year, I am going by car, yes you heard right, car!

Many reasons for that, but it's got to be that way this year as I'll have a passenger who would be uncomfortable riding that distance to and from the NEC (about 360 miles round trip for me). For me and my GTS300 it's a doddle to do that, and very enjoyable but have to consider the passenger this year.

Anyone else going that day? Possible meet at the show? ;) Very nice to put names to faces.

Scootypuff, you still want to go? What about Road Runner? Only thing is, I'm stuck with that Tuesday at the moment. Can't do any other day that week.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: NEC Show - 17th to 25th November

Post by mottza »

Can't say the A12, A14 and M6 is enjoyable on any form of transport.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Hi Data, 20th not good for me I am affraid. However, I am still undecided if I want to go, as there is nothing specific that I need. I will make my mind up a bit nearer the time.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Data
I'm up for 20th.

Guy from CMA wants to go (he never been before) so I'm likely to drive & TBH having driven to the Motor home and Caravan show this week the thought of riding scares me (I commuted M25 for years)

I witnessed so much bad driving including supposed professional drivers (national express) flashing his headlights for me to move over then undertaking multiple vehicles (email of complaint sent)

I'll message you

Bern

Post by Bern »

I can be there any day @ any time :D

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Ok guys. Scootypuff, I'll see you there, we can arrange a meet nearer the time, maybe lunch too. mottza, I'm guessing it's a work day for you so it's difficult attending during the week but let us know if you can/want to do it. Scootypuff, if your situation changes and you end up on your own, let me know as I could still have that spare seat! I know what you mean about the traffic in the week on these occasions. Absolutely incredible and the standard of driving is just so bad.

Bern, keep in touch so we can have a meet.

Just weeks ago I did a 220mile run to Aylesbury and back which of course took in the M25 from my location. The M25 traffic has changed an incredible amount over the last 10-12 year alone. I hit it at peak times in both directions and have to say (as someone who is used to driving and riding up to 40,000 miles a year just a few years ago, IT WAS SCARY!! Sat Nav kept me away from two major incidents luckily but it was a nasty experience.

Anyone else going? Post here to let us all know so we can try and have a quick meet up.

Bern

Post by Bern »

Bern wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 pm I can be there any day @ any time :D
icon_thumbs_up.gif

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

road runner wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 am Hi Data, 20th not good for me I am affraid. However, I am still undecided if I want to go, as there is nothing specific that I need. I will make my mind up a bit nearer the time.
Roger, keep in touch on this. If you do decide to go it'll be fun. I don't actually want to buy anything either but will enjoy seeing all the bike and trying a few for size.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I'll let you know nearer the time. I am tempted, especially as I won't have to drive or ride.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by defscoot »

I'll be there but not sure which days. I have two tickets, planning on going on the bike one day and then the car for another day (in case I want to buy stuff and need to get it home).