Pointless screen ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Pointless screen ?

Post by muddyfox »

Can anyone explain the benefits of this screen to me please.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

defscoot
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Pointless screen ?

Post by defscoot »

I am guessing it would stop the full force of the wind against the riders body, perhaps prevent buffeting but allow a little bit of focused air for cooling.

A bit like the clearview screen on the burgman 650, but on that screen the vent is adjustable.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Probably gives an improved amount of protection at high speed while allowing you to see the ground at slow speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Most large screens with holes to stop turbulence are lower down and work really well. This definitely looks like combining a bit of that but with improved visibility at slow speed and also in the rain. I bet it works too.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Most extra tall windscreens cause fogging of your helmet visor due to decreased airflow - the cut out on that screen prevents that and also aids visibility in inclement situations - I’ve seen many of these screens in the past mostly fitted to honda deauvilles

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Didn't some screens used to have a letter box opening in them???..I'm thinking Yamha Maj or Burger 250s around 1999-2000 ish??? It was supposed to stop turbulence I think. No idea if it worked.
The Clearview screen I bought for my Burger 650 also had an optional vent (fairly low down if I remember correctly). I think the idea of that was almost certainly to increase ventilation on hot days. Not sure that did anything, though the screen took so long to arrive, it wasn't on the scoot long for I got rid of the Burger!!!

Bern

Post by Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:28 am Didn't some screens used to have a letter box opening in them???..I'm thinking Yamha Maj or Burger 250s around 1999-2000 ish??? It was supposed to stop turbulence I think. No idea if it worked.
Was around in the early 60's bud, there was an accessory bolt on screen for the Ariel Leader that had a letter box slot

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Bern wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:28 am Didn't some screens used to have a letter box opening in them???..I'm thinking Yamha Maj or Burger 250s around 1999-2000 ish??? It was supposed to stop turbulence I think. No idea if it worked.
Was around in the early 60's bud, there was an accessory bolt on screen for the Ariel Leader that had a letter box slot
I'm not THAT old!!!! :lol: Or at least wasn't paying any attention to motorcycles at that time!

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

I'm sure some one said, that painted black they were popular with lady riders in the far East.
Might have been Boris;

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

marval wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:38 pm I'm sure some one said, that painted black they were popular with lady riders in the far East.
Might have been Boris;
:lol:
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe