New Vespa (more BHP) GTS 300 For 2019

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Re: New Vespa (more BHP) GTS 300 For 2019

Post by bn1966 »

As soon as my Vespa 2017 GTV SG arrived (last December from the delivery van) the inside was totally subjected to Dinitrol cavity wax, the underside Dinitrol translucent wax & anywhere else vulnerable: ACF-50 (repeated application), backed up by a 'SLUK Ultra' mud/crap guard...prevention is better than cure as they say!!! Going to also brush on some XCP where it may be beneficial this Winter/Fall...

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Yeah, Dinitrol make some fantastic products. Their rust converter is also excellent stuff.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

The upgraded Vespa with the hpe engine looks fantastic - the new launch means you can secure a brand new 2018 Vespa GTS super 300 abs from Colchester Kawasaki for £3999 on zero per cent finance over 24 months including a free helmet worth £149.99 - I’ve no connection with this dealership though it does come across as a fantastic deal
https://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.uk/ro ... er-300-abs

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

Symcity wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:18 pm The upgraded Vespa with the hpe engine looks fantastic - the new launch means you can secure a brand new 2018 Vespa GTS super 300 abs from Colchester Kawasaki for £3999 on zero per cent finance over 24 months including a free helmet worth £149.99 - I’ve no connection with this dealership though it does come across as a fantastic deal
https://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.uk/ro ... er-300-abs
That's a pre-reg of course, but still a good deal. Cheaper pre-reg deals are available (68 plate) for £3,600 (Moonraker Motorcycles, Norwich) but probably not with the 0% finance and only in green or white.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

mega deals to be had then, clearly the HPE model will be better, but I'm thinking will it be £1500 better????
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Argyll wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:23 am That's a pre-reg of course, but still a good deal. Cheaper pre-reg deals are available (68 plate) for £3,600 (Moonraker Motorcycles, Norwich) but probably not with the 0% finance and only in green or white.
Staying more local “go full throttle” in Kilmarnock have a few good deals
https://www.gofullthrottle.co.uk

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The deals on GTS300's are currently amazing. If I were in the market for one, now is the time to buy. The new 300HPE engine will be more powerful for sure, but the current version is no slouch.

Horobags, I'd take one of the current models out for a ride. Try it. You might be quite surprised at how well it goes. It may just save you a shed load of money. It may be just what you are looking for. And, later if you want more power you can easily coax more out of the current engine if needed. they are very strong engines (you prolly know that). When mine is out of warranty I'm going to fit the Malossi 282 kit which will push power up to 26.5hp with a corresponding increase in torque. The HPE version that's coming out will have 24hp with more torque than the current standard GTS300, so that will be good, but probably won't be as fast as the 282cc kitted current engine. Once kitted out with the 282 kit, I'll upgear it slightly to take advantage of a higher speed cruise performance. ;) The great thing about upgrading the engine is that it's so easy to do on these lovely bikes. Nothing is hard or complicated.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I'm surprised you feel the need to tune the 300 .Could understand if had 125 taking it to 218 .

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Hi Julian,

I don't have any real need to upgrade the engine power, as you know they go really well in standard trim, but think it will be fun to do. It's already so much fun watching motorists and some motorcyclists being left in my wake as I power away from the lights and roundabouts. And the surprise they get on country roads when I'm doing near 70mph and lean it over into the sweeping bends is priceless. At the Bentley bike night I've been approached several times by bikers who were 'stuck' behind me, unable to take me. They seem genuinely awe struck at the fact a 'scooter' can do that. We've had some interesting conversations, all good! But I think I can do better! And taking engines apart is what I do... :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Fair enough if can do yourself and enjoy it doing it .