Regulator issues fix

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Deleted User 7077

Re: Regulator issues fix

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

After watching few test your regulator tests on YouTube .I've done the diode test on used regulator Ive brought and it passed okay .Also did the sniff test and no burning smell residue so I'm confident its okay .If I do take front section off can plug it in check volts .Hopefully I'll not need it I've got euro breakdown cover but don't fancy the hassle and delay .Plus upsets the tour schedule only 3 places we are stopping more than 1 night . I'll use one in glovebox for phone .I've only brought cheap USB voltmeter kit I don't think sat nav takes much power battery on mine not good about 15 mins but its few years old and a cheapie.

Deleted User 7077

Here's a good one

[bbvideo]. [/bbvideo]

MT606
Current Ride: burgman 400 c90

Post by MT606 »

thats whats happened to my old one I just replaced!....but whats worrying me is that what you plug that to, the plug is getting very warm fairly quickly.....

Deleted User 7077

Look inside see if any sign of plug or socket melting .

Deleted User 7077

I had issue on the Jailing on regulator plug just by passed it made direct connection .

MT606

Post by MT606 »

the plug looked ok tbh, will start her today n see if its still getting hot.... what and how did you bypass it?

Deleted User 7077

Just connected wires to each other instead of thro the plug .

MT606

Post by MT606 »

aahhhhhh.... n that sorted the issue out with no repeat problems?

Deleted User 7077

For a while scooter packed up altogether eventually wouldnt start at all was Chinese tho .

Deleted User 7077

Just been watching Wild bad touring Picos De Europa they had trouble with a VFR not charging battery , charging plug from stator to volt reg burnt out .They were swapping battery's to get guy thro the day back to bnb then cut wires did temp job taking plug and socket out .Theirs was all burnt and melted .