Sym spares

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Sym spares

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Five weeks ago I asked my dealer to order a new rear mudguard for my maxsym to replace the one that was cracked in a minor rear-end shunt. Just phoned the dealer to find it still isn't here, and the importers are saying the week after Christmas. Is this normal for Sym or just a one-off? Because if it is normal I will have to seriously consider whether I want to keep it or not. If anything major goes like the oil pump I will be off the road for maybe months, and the Maxsym is my only transport.

Other Sym owners - what are your experiences?

Deleted User 7077

Re: Sym spares

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Consumables should be able easy from easyparts.nl not sure about body parts .

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

So far only used consumables, which havn't been a problem in sourcing. Not sure about plastic body parts as so far not needed any.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Post by basil 69 »

I've been told it will take approximately two weeks by my dealer from when the order is placed for body parts. I will be testing this for real sometime in January as I need a few bits for maxisym.

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

basil 69 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:08 pm I've been told it will take approximately two weeks by my dealer from when the order is placed for body parts. I will be testing this for real sometime in January as I need a few bits for maxisym.
My dealer said three weeks for all parts. It will be interesting to see how long you, and indeed I, will have to wait.

Aaron
Current Ride: Yamaha Tmax Tech Max 2022

Post by Aaron »

Try WebikeJapan.com for OEM parts. I'm in Australia and OEM parts for my Tmax are a great deal cheaper at Webike Japan.

I'm pretty sure they sell Sym parts. Go to their OEM parts order page and enter the part numbers you require.

https://japan.webike.net/oem_parts/top/

Aaron

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Update. I'm still waiting.
Forgot to mention. With my last Maxsym (that was stolen) the heated grips didn't work and the dealer ordered a new switch. Six months later the dealer gave up on it and fitted the switch from an aftermarket set of grips as a temporary measure. It was still on when it was stolen. So, judging by this I am expecting a wait of at least six months for the new rear mudguard. Is it the importers? I have heard one or two unfavourable stories about them. As I said when I opened this topic if this is normal I will seriously consider whether I am going to keep it or not. If something major goes like the oil pump I will be off the road for six months minimum. So much for the two to three weeks for parts. Have any Sym owners actually got their parts in this time? Judging by my experiences I doubt it.
I have emailed Webike to ask about the availability of parts considering how few of this model there are about, especially in this country. I have not had a reply. So it looks like keeping my order with the dealer open and waiting. And waiting. And waiting...

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Bit of a bugger time wise etc.

Can you get one fabricated somewhere, a little handy back street types place etc possibly.

I am considering a Sym 300 so does bear thinking about.

I suppose this years big issue is going to be slowing everything down as there will be huge backlogs and and rising costs over the board.

Best Mark.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

didn't have any probs back when i had to replace a rear light an mudguard after a rear end ... but maybe christmas has made things slow up . as does most companies . ? not an excuse but just a thought ?
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

phantom309 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:11 am didn't have any probs back when i had to replace a rear light an mudguard after a rear end ... but maybe christmas has made things slow up . as does most companies . ? not an excuse but just a thought ?
That's a point. How long did you have to wait?